For all the ladies who used HPT's... EDIT....

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Which urine is best in your opinion?

First Morning
67%
Second Morning
33%

Total votes : 30

For all the ladies who used HPT's... EDIT....

Postby Amandanh87 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:22 pm

I have to test again in the morning. I got a BFP on 4/14/2009 at 7 pm and then another on 4/15/2009 at 9 am. Then I took a test today, 4/17/2009 and it was almost a BFN. I am hoping it had to do with timing and the small amount of urine and what have you, so I am going to test in the morning. While everywhere says to use FMU, I have seen many ladies have better luck with SMU... I just want the general opinion if you ladies would please... I only have one more test and I don't want to spend more money them... it either is or isn't. Sorry, I'm in a depressive sort of mood so I'm kind of grumpy. Please bear with me. I don't mean it. Again, anyone who wants to take the poll and/or share a little personal advice, it is greatly appreciated.

You'd think with 3 kids, I would know this all already... lol... but obviously, hpt's weren't my expertise. lol. Thanks girls!

Well, this mornings FRER is basically negative. This is the second month in a row... well, I'm going to wait for AF and take it from there...
Last edited by Amandanh87 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amandanh87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TXlonghorn » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:45 am

Both of my 'first' BFPs were in the afternoon--after lunch. :) After my first BFPs I always tested in the morning with FMU and sometimes would take one later in the day. :)

I don't know if that answers your question or not, but I kind of think whichever pee is more concentrated is what you want to use.

I also would sometimes pee into a paper cup and then dip the stick in the cup instead of actually POAS.
Kristen (me) ~ 28 | DH ~ 31
BFP 2/21/08 on 7th cycle of Clomid
Michael "Mr. M" was born 10/28/08! :babyb:
Surprise BFP on 4/4/09! Bradley "Boo Radley"
was born 11/20/09
TXlonghorn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bubble1 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:09 am

I would say for me it varied all the time. The main factor was how concentrated the uring was. Basically, pee in a pot and if it's nice and dark then test, if it's light or clear then save your test.

Hope that helps and try not to worry because one test was fainter than the last.
ImageImage

Bubble1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Amandanh87 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Okay, so I tested with FMU... what? I couldn't wait... lol.. and it was the exact same as yesterdays. VERY FAINT. Well, I considered that it may just be those 2 tests (same package), so I went out and bought a 2 pack of FRER's. I got home and told myself to wait.... but, surely enough, I broke and it tested. Exact same. This was with only a 45 minute hold so I don't know how it affected it and I could only go maybe an ounce... so I just did the cup thing.

Well, I'm going to wait till morning and put both FMU and SMU in cups and see which is darker and use the darker of the two to test. Shouldn't be an issue. SMU comes about 45 minutes after FMU. That and I am going to go to sleep at a "reasonable" hour so I can actually hold my pee while I SLEEP. lol... :roll:

My issue now is... it's either going to be the same, darker or lighter (bfn)...

So either I'm PG, I lost the baby, or I either have an ectopic or cyst or something causing it...

I'm not sure. I'm paranoid. I'm scared. I'm trying to stay calm... I just can't help to worry about this child's health, or my own for that matter... Okay, I am going to stop looking at this pretty pink website for now, it just makes me wanna poas.
Amandanh87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TXlonghorn » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:23 pm

My BFPs have always taken a couple of days to get noticeably darker.
was born 11/20/09
TXlonghorn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Amandanh87 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:47 pm

I know it can take some time to get a dark positive, but that's not my issue... I had 2 really good (not blazing, but def bfp) tests, followed by 2 v v faint bfp's 3 days later... I thought it was the different box of tests... but frer did the same thing... so I'm really nervous... I don't know. I just took my prenatal vitamin, I'm about to hit the hay and then pray for the best in the morning. I haven't seen DP since I got the bfp, and he was SO excited. I have kept him updated on the new tests and he is scared too. I would love to have a decent test to show him tomorrow when I get there... he has already told many of his friends and family and I just hope it isn't doomed. I'm pretty sure that I had a vanishing twin with DS#2... and this could be something like that again, but I think I had a chemical last month, so it could very well be that also... I hate this. Or it could be ectopic... I pray it's not.

Anyways, I will keep you updated with tomorrows test and post some pics of the first test and the new one... the last 3 won't let me get a decent pic to show what I mean...
Amandanh87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TXlonghorn » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:30 am

If you are trying to do progressions, you want them to be the same brand at least--you can sometimes tell on the sides of the box if they were from the same 'batch'.

FRERs can occasionally detect HCG levels as low as 6...but they only guarantee 25.

With my son I had some that I took after my initial test that were somewhat lighter than the first. It could be due to urine concentration or it could be due to the amount of dye in the individual tests.

Hang in there. Do you have pics you can post?
was born 11/20/09
TXlonghorn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jovic » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:41 am

I'm so sorry :( :hugs:
Me: Jolene (34)
DH: Paul (33)
Image Image
jovic
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby illbeyourpride » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:55 pm

In the brilliant words of my wonderful OB:

"Calm down and stop taking tests!"

HPT's aren't meant to tell you how pregnant you are. And I totally know where your coming from because I took probably 15 of them in 4 days! I got my bfp on 4/16, at night (I was only 10dpo), then on 4/17 I got a SUPER light test with FMU. Second morning urine seems to always be darker for me. I don't know why, but I've seen that it's not unheard of.

See if your doc will get you a beta to ease your mind. That's what mine did.
illbeyourpride
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hollie88 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:35 pm

my FMU always gave a fainter result than if i tested in the afternoon for some reason :S
hollie88

Postby Amandanh87 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:37 am

Sadly, it ended in miscarriage yesterday. A very disturbing miscarriage. I am going to stop TTC for a while... get a few other things straightened out. I wish you ladies all good luck, and a happy and healthy and uneventful 9 months!
Amandanh87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TXlonghorn » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:22 am

I am so sorry! :hugs:
was born 11/20/09
TXlonghorn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lksmomma » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:41 am

oh, Amanda...I'm so sorry sweetie....HUGS to you
Alicia (33) John Paul (35) Laura Kate (3)
6w4dImage150 bleeding
7wk 4dImage174 lost twin
12wk Image174

lksmomma
Angel
Angel

Return to First Trimester