Light bleeding

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Light bleeding

Postby Emmo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:16 pm

I had lots of spotting at the very beginning of my pregnancy with DS, I even had 3 days of recorded "light flow" on my chart from that cycle... My dr said I had borderline progesterone and I took cream for it.

This time around, it's happening again. I had spotting from 5 DPO to 9 DPO (that was what made me think I might be pregnant b/c the only other time it has happened what when I was pregnant last time) and today (only 10 DPO) it's like a light flow. It worries me. I had the dr do a beta/progesterone today (I don't find out till tomorrow). But I just wiped and it was definitely what I would consider a light flow- like I need a pad.

My pee sticks do seem to be getting darker, though.

I'm worried. Anyone else get this??
Me: 31
DH: 32
DS: 4 (Nov 2008 baby)
DD: 1 (Nov 2011 baby)

Image Image :cloth diapering:
Emmo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby woohoomichelle » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:02 pm

Emmo- I am so sorry, I cant help here. I sure hope he does something about your progestrone tomorrow!! Big hugs!!
woohoomichelle
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby danni_stone » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:08 pm

I had a day or so of light flow, red blood and even a couple of clots. I've been spotting for over a week now as well. But everything is okay so far. I also had some bleeding around when my period was due. As stressful as it is, it seems that may be our normal for pregnancy.
danni_stone
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby cordy79 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:41 am

I had it very similar when I just got my Bfp around 5 weeks, again at 8 weeks 12 and then 14 weeks. Each time it scared me to death but so far so good and seems to be nothing more than my cervix being a bit aggravated around when my af would have been due. Fingers crossed it's nothing sinister in your cases xx
Kyle James finally arrived 26/06/2011 6 lbs 3oz by emergency C section. xx
cordy79
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Lizc0002 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:17 am

I always spot and bleed in early pregnancy. With my first it was like a very light period the week AF was due, not even sure what made me test as I got a BFN the day AF was due then what appeared to be AF. With my next two pregnancies I got full blown AF the first cycle (or what appeared to be AF) it was so heavy I even wore tampons (although in hindsight that was maybe not a good idea) So for some women it is normal, unfortunately it is a waiting game because spotting can also be a sign of an impending miscarriage. Just don't let them talk you into getting an US too early, wait until at least 6.5 weeks to verify a HB.

Also progesterone never did a thing to stop my spotting, I was on it with my 2nd two pregnancies and I still bled.

Liz
Lizc0002
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to First Trimester