Third times a charm

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Third times a charm

Postby MomTo2Boys » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:06 am

I just found out last night we are expecting our third. My oldest will be 2 in May, and my youngest will be 8 months on Saturday.

I'm so excited - and scared and nervous at the same time. I'm not as nervous this time, because I KNOW I can do it with 2 kids this close. I'm hoping the third will fit right in :)

Any advice would be appreciated. Like car seat arrangements, sleeping arrangements, going out by yourself w/3, etc.
~*Melissa*~
DS1 05.07.09 - born at 34w 4d
DS2 07.26.10 - born at 35w 2d
DS3 11.01.11 - born at 36w 5d

ImageImageImage
MomTo2Boys
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JADE0199 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:28 am

Melissa - Congrats on your 3rd pregnancy!! :D

Well...I don't want to scare you but thought I'd be a good candidate to offer some tips and/or advice since my boys are 2.5 yo and my LO is 4.5 months old, though I'm not sure I'm going to be entirely helpful since I still have someone helping me with all 3!

Let me start off by telling you that it is TONS of work!! You really have to learn to switch gears going from a 2 yo old toddler back to an infant. I can't explain it exactly but I definitely feel like its switching gears, like playing and meeting their needs, etc.

Babyproof, babyproof, babyproof. You've probably already done that already. If you plan on going out with all 3, do you trust your 2 yo old to run free? does he listen to you? because my twins don't listen to me. You might want to invest in a double stroller with a sit n stand or a triplet stroller. I bought a triplet stroller but haven't used it yet because luckily I still have another adult helping me, in the house and outside the house.

Right now, we have an F-150. All the 3 car seats are in the back, in the same row. Its not an ideal situation for a family but right now it works and I'm still working on DH on getting us a van of some sort. :roll:

I think yours will get along and play well with each other since they are close in age. But what do you do with the toddler and the youngest one? I feel that my twins can be quite rough, so we kinda keep her seperate from the boys unless she is held or there is adult supervision. I never leave her alone with the boys. Is that what you do?

My twins have they're own bedroom. Right now she is sleeping in a bassinett in our room but will have her own room soon. We only have a 3 bedroom house, so we no longer have a guest room when she takes over the last bedroom.

Here's how I imagine if I were to go out with all 3 if I were alone. I would put the twins in their double stroller and probably carry her in a carrier. Luckily, I have a backpack as a diaper bag, so that frees up my hands. Only problem is, is that's is not big enough to fit everyone's stuff!! :?

Only complaint I have is that my boys want to be independent. They want to walk everywhere, so the last thing they want is to be strapped down to a stupid stroller, they hate it and cause a scene. But I can't trust them. They run in opposite directions. And that its really difficult to keep an eye on the two of them playing, espcially in a large open play area with alot of other children, and tend to a infant at the same time. sometimes I just want to rip my hair out of my head!

I hope someone can offer some tips and advice here for me too!!
Cathy 43~DH 41
3 m/c's
IVF#1 5/07-BFN • DE IVF#2 -no tx
DE IVF#3. ID twin boys born 9/25/08
FET#1 9/09-chem • FET#2 11/09-BFN
IVF#4 w/DE. DD born 11/3/10
FET#3 b/g twins born 7/25/12
FET#4 ITS A BOY! born 5/8/14

JADE0199
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MomTo2Boys » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:27 am

thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it.

I'm hoping this time around it won't be such a shock - because I've already gone through that last time. Brayden was 14 months when I had Donovan. This time around when I have this baby, Donovan will be 15-16 months, and Brayden will be 2.5 yrs old.

I have a Moby and a Beco - so I think I'll be using that a lot along with my double stroller. Brayden listens very well - 90% of the time. haha. He loves running through the grocery, and follows and listens. Then all of a sudden he gets tired and just sits in the middle of the aisle. I'm hoping by the time the new baby comes he'll be better.

So your boys share a room? How does that go. I'm thinking for the first couple months the new baby will stay in the pack & play in my bedroom, but then eventually move the two boys into together. I don't know how well that will work though. I image more play time and less sleep time.
~*Melissa*~
DS1 05.07.09 - born at 34w 4d
DS2 07.26.10 - born at 35w 2d
DS3 11.01.11 - born at 36w 5d

ImageImageImage
MomTo2Boys
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Denise » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:45 pm

I have 2 boys and just had my third(a little girl) and it was kinda crazy at first....some things I'm still getting used too and shes almost 4 months...lol. My boys now share a room and the baby has her own room but more times than not she is in our room in the pack and play. With the boys sleeping in the same room its kind of nuts so I lay with my youngest on his bed until he dozes off(that is...if the baby is asleep).....my 4 year old will keep my 9 year old up if I'm not in there and it causes a fight between them...haha.
The grocery store is terrible now and I only take one so I have to go when my husband is off work! Most of the time I take the baby but this past time I had to take my 4 year old because the baby was sick.
Its not always crazy but you'll get used too! Congratulations to you!!!! :D :D
Denise
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sugarpalmer » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm pregnant with #3 as well. I am not quite so worried, but mine will be 6 1/2 and 2 1/2 when #3 arrives. I know several people that have their kids really close together. It is crazy busy, but I know they all say they wouldn't change a thing. Good luck hun. I'm sure it will be TONS of work, but also TONS of fun!!
sugarpalmer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommy~AMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:02 pm

Its not always easy, but you get used to it :wink:

I had a little bigger gap between #1 and #2, so that may have helped??? Donovan was 3 1/2 and Quinten was 16 months when Lainey was born. When I had to take all three of them to the grocery store by myself, I would put Donovan in the big part of the cart, Quinten would ride in the seat buckled up and I would wear Lainey. I got ALL sorts of looks and comments! Now, I prefer to go alone :lol: seriously, I try to grab the necessities on my lunch hour, and when we need to get a full load of groceries, we get a sitter and make a night out together. But we only do it about once a month or so.

We have 4 bedrooms, but the boys share anyway, their choice. But atleast that leaves a bedroom for #4 that we have on the way! Right now its the toy room.
Amy
Married to my wonderful DH since 2002

DS "D" 03/05
DS "Q" 06/07
DD "L" 10/08
DS "B" 11/11

Mommy~AMY
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby krakenem » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:32 pm

I have never had 3 that little, but my first foster placement was twin 2 year olds and my current one is 3 girls, 3, 4, and 6.. 2, 3 and 4 when they arrived. I got a mini van to accomodate them. i really couldnt see any way around that. as far as going out with all three plan ahead, parking is essential. at first I felt bad about getting those stuffed animal backpack/ harness/ leash things for the two little ones, but it kept them safe in crowded hospital parking lots many times. They dont need them anymore but they sure did a few months ago.
Emily 35
Surprise BFP 3-24!

EDD november 15th 2011
ultrasound 4-1-2011 measuring 7w3d
:hb: 164
ultrasound 4-8-2011 measuring 8w4d

Image [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
krakenem
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to First Trimester