Lighter HPT at 7 weeks?!? HELP?!?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Lighter HPT at 7 weeks?!? HELP?!?

Postby Txjess4 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:34 am

I'm an idiot first of all. This morning I'm a little over 7 weeks and decided what the heck, I'll take my last FRER hoping to see a beautiful dark line...well, I POAS and it's lighter than the control and wayy lighter than my last test at 22 dpo! (I'm 35 dpo today). It still popped up within 5 seconds but I am so stressed. I've not felt any pain or cramping or anything abnormal, and my symptoms fluctuate daily so I just don't know what to think. Imnot terrified that my u/s on the 3rd will show nothing :-/

I've read a little about the "hook effect" in which some ladies get tests like mine especially after about the 7 week mark bc there is too much hcg in the system an the test doesn't know how to react and if you dilute your pee and test again the test will be darker (but I don't have another test!). Some say after the placenta starts taking over that the hcg hormones can fluctuate and that theyre not that important later on in pregnancy...I just don't know what to think. I'm so confused! Anyone have experience or know of any stories like this?!?

Here's a pic to compare

Second Little one EDD: 7/13/16
Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Lighter HPT at 7 weeks?!? HELP?!?

Postby Janelle731 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:39 am

I think you're fine :) You're still pregnant :) I freak out about stuff like that too!

I also have a one year old baby girl :) She will almost be two when the new baby arrives :)
Janelle731
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Txjess4 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:31 am

Ahhhh I hope so..this is my first and I'm very much the paranoid pregnant lady..Im just so worried bc I really haven't had many symptoms at all this entire time, except passing nausea/vertigo the past three days whic has miraculously vanished this morning along with my sore BBs..to put it mildly I feel great and NOT pregnant today..I'm so worried

Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kimberlina23 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:07 pm

just remember: you're either pregnant or you're not. so it's not like a darker line makes you MORE pregnant :D

I'm sure everything is fine— like you said, as you get farther along the hormones change. Also, who knows if there are little variations in HPTs that could make the dye react a bit differently.

Don't stress yourself out too much! (I know, easier said than done.) When is your first u/s? You'll feel SO much better after you see your bean!
Check out my blog (with weekly pregnancy updates and other fun things!) www.blendingbeautiful.com

Image Image

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
kimberlina23
Angel
Angel

Postby aquamoon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:22 pm

I did the same thing, didn't test for a while then randomly took one at 8 weeks and it was SO light. I almost freaked out about it, but I had read and been told that can happen, so I didn't let myself think about it too hard and haven't taken a preg. urine test since. I had my 12 week scan today and everything looked great, so don't stress over a faded test! It definitely happens!
ImageImage
10-28-12 BFP!
11-19-12 HB 120
12-27-12 HB 150s
01-17-13 HB 144
02-21-13 HB 145, 13 oz, GIRL!!!

aquamoon
Star Member
Star Member

Postby orionslight » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:07 am

id stop testing :) an hpt is not going to tell you anything right now. like they said your preggo or not, and the hook effect is very real. im sure you are just fine
Baby Ireland born 4-18-14 healthy and happy :)

Joining her 11 brothers and sisters
Loss July 2015@ 11+3, girl
Loss June 2016@ 13+5,boy
orionslight
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Txjess4 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:21 am

Hey ladies, thank you guys so much do all your support..I'm definitely going to step AWAY from the pee sticks lol. I did get a chance to talk to my doctor yesterday and she said that at this point HPTs don't tell you how pregnant you are, she said to stop testin too lol. I was also freaked out bc my symptoms were totally gone yesterday...that is until the evening when I felt awful! Which I'm kinda grateful for lol. The doc also said the fact I'm not cramping or spotting which is a great sign. So I'll just be not so patiently waitin for jan 3rd when I can hopefully see and hear a heartbeat!!

Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby daydreams83 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:57 am

It's funny you mention that, because I have one more FRER in my possession but I'm frightened to use it because of this very reason! :) Can't wait to hear how things go on the 3rd!
Baby #1 due 7/24/13!!
11/16/12: BFP!
12/17/12: 1st u/s, saw heartbeat
1/14/13: 1st time hearing heartbeat :hb: 170 bpm
1/18/13: 2nd u/s! :hb: 162 bpm
3/11/13: :hb: 145 bpm - IT'S A GIRL!!
5/3/13: 3rd u/s! :hb: 143 bpm, Weight: 2 lb. 10 oz.
ImageImage Image
daydreams83
Angel
Angel

Postby Txjess4 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:01 am

Don't use it!! I know the hook effect doesn't happen to everyone, but if it did it would just worry you to death for no reason! How are you doing girl?! Feeling any better? I'm just now starting to feel realllllly icky and nauseous off and on :-/

Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby daydreams83 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:08 am

Ahhhh there's that nausea you were wondering when would show up! ;) I'm definitely feeling nauseous still! I definitely get waves of nausea and dizziness every day several times throughout the day. BUT...the good news is I haven't thrown up in a week!! :D I owe a lot of that to the seabands I've been wearing pretty much constantly except during when I shower, and the vitamin b6 I've been taking. Also, I think the chewy prenatals are a little easier on my system... so that's good!!! :)
Baby #1 due 7/24/13!!
ImageImage Image
daydreams83
Angel
Angel

Postby Txjess4 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:33 pm

Oh girl, I've only been feeling it a few days, and I am so over it. I feel so bad for my poor DH because all I do is moan and lie in bed when it gets really bad. I feel like an invalid :doh: Which is so not like me! He's having do make most of the meals, because I just can't stand being around the food...and then I barely can stomach anything. The other hard part is, I'm used to eating super healthy (we eat whats called paleo--basically no carbs from grains, no dairy, and no processed sugar/foods) and I CANT STAND THE THOUGHT OF HEALTHY FOOD. Almost every meal we make I can't eat. I've been surviving on chips and chocolate milk which is crazy considering I never used to eat that! And even sometimes then, chips sound like the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of. It's like I have no appetite, and can't eat, but then i get SO HUNGRY, my stomach feels like its eating itself and it makes me sick too! The weird part is, I've gained 4 pounds already, and I have no idea where...my boobs maybe? Maybe bloat? AHHHH, sorry i just ranted on and on, and I sound like a HORRIBLE COMPLAINER cry baby. :sob:

I've been trying to suck it up, I used the sea bands, but I don't think they're working much...they're the stretchy sweat band like material with the white plastic bead on it right? I don't know if they're in the right place or not, but they haven't provided much relief. I guess its on to B6 and different prenatals!

Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Txjess4 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:35 pm

So I don't want to start a whole other thread for my paranoid first timer rants..but I'm so scared..:-/

I haven't seen our bean or gotten any medical feedback yet to confirm that everything is progressing as it should...and I'm so so so scared that the u/s will come on the third and there is going to be horrible news. I'm worrying myself sick about it, even though other than the light HPT, I have nothing to make me think something is wrong. I just keep reading all these stories from women with missed MCs and blighted ovums, and it's so hard to get excited when I feel like that could just as easily be me..

Does anyone else feel this way? How do you quiet that little voice of doubt in your head?!?

Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommabella » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:43 pm

I've had an ultrasound and have seen two sacs, but im still worried sick. We haven't heard a heartbeat or seen one yet. Our ultrasound was too soon to see anything. So now I sit and wonder if im sick enough or if there will even be a heartbeat or heartbeats at my scan on the 7th. I worry whether both will be ok or just one I think it is natural to worry.
Kim + Travis 10/13/12
:babyb: Connor 9/5/03
:babyb: Jack 12/22/07
:babyg: Isla 12/29/13
:babyg: Hazel 10/10/15

:angel: 3/7/05 :angel: :angel: 1/15/13 :angel: 4/1/13 :angel: :angel: 11/10/14 :angel: 5/25/17

:bfp: 6/17/17 EDD 2/28/18
:hb: 7/6/17 125 BPM!!!! This is a take home baby!
:babyb: 8/11/17 no trisomies!

My sons are from a previous marriage, we have two daughters together and Multiple miscarriages.

DX homozygous MTHFR C677T

Mommabella

Postby daydreams83 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:54 pm

TxJess - You don't sound like a crybaby! :) Yes, pregnancy is a beautiful, wonderful thing, but it's also frightening as ANYTHING, and far from glamorous. :) The aversions to food and smells are soooo overpowering, and the fact that they can change in an instant definitely seems to amplify things! I was saying in one thread that I was enjoying snacking on almonds every day, and the very next day I popped one in my mouth and almost threw up. I'm like....how can I go from loving something to hating something that fast?! :) Oh and the seabands (and yes, your description is exactly what they are!!) definitely aren't the magic cure for me or anything, but I think combining those with other little fixes helps. Oooh, try this if no one has told you yet because I do think it helps - keep a little food by your bed. Whatever seems to be easy on your stomach when you feel nauseous, like crackers, cheerios or another lightly sweetened dry cereal, or maybe pretzels (if these fit in with your dietary lifestyle). If you wake in the middle of the night, try eating a small handful before nodding back off to sleep. If you don't wake during the night, when you wake in the morning, BEFORE you get out of bed, eat a handful of whatever it is. Even if you plan to go right downstairs and eat breakfast. I really think there's something about having just the tiniest bit of food already working through your system - even if a little handful - before you rise out of bed that helps with the sickness. I do this every day and I am still nauseous EVERY morning, but it's helping me to keep from throwing up or at least seems to be (combined with the other little fixes). Definitely worth a shot. :)

As far as your worries - I hear you looooouuuud and clear and I felt the exact same way before I had my first u/s! I still feel the way waiting for the second, honestly (although it's not quite as strong as a voice in my head)! If it's any consolation - the nausea that you are suffering from?? That's a great sign baby is healthy and happy in there. :D That's not to say you have to have nausea or morning sickness to have a 110% healthy pregnancy of course LOL but everyone says to take that nasty awful feeling as a sign that baby is growing stronger by the day! :) Hang in there girl! You can PM anytime if you want to vent. :)

Mommbella - I was wondering how you were doing!! :) The worrying and waiting is bad enough with one bean in there, I can only imagine how it must be waiting to see two! I'll be praying for you!
Baby #1 due 7/24/13!!
ImageImage Image
daydreams83
Angel
Angel

Postby kimberlina23 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm

I know you're nervous, but honestly the fact that you're feeling icky is GREAT news and should make you feel a lot more confident. If you had a missed m/c or a blighted ovum, your symptoms would not be increasing like this.

As far as your diet goes, I think you should take a break from paleo and focus on getting food in your stomach— whatever it is. I've lost quite a bit of weight with my m/s because I have so many food aversions. So when I can stomach something, I go for it. In fact, I'm currently eating a bowl of corn pops for dinner, which is SO not what I ever eat. But it's food and an empty stomach is the enemy.

I've got lots of little tips that have helped me in the past 5.5 weeks. If you want any of 'em, feel free to PM me :D
Check out my blog (with weekly pregnancy updates and other fun things!) www.blendingbeautiful.com

Image Image

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
kimberlina23
Angel
Angel

Next

Return to First Trimester