Lighter HPT at 7 weeks?!? HELP?!?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Lighter HPT at 7 weeks?!? HELP?!?

Postby Txjess4 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:31 am

You ladies are the absolute best :)

Mommabella--I'm praying so hard for you and those two LO you have!! What a true blessing!! Like daydreams said, its hard enough worrying about one, I can't imagine two! Hopefully these next few days fly by and you get to see those little beauts on the US, heartbeats flickering away.

Daydreams--Man, this may sound weird, but I adore you :fingersx: Not in a weird way, but sometimes I feel like we are the same dang person! Thank you so much for all your insight, it truly puts things into perspective, and guess what?! I tried the keeping the food by my bed thing, and its working so far!! I ate a few crackers before I got up this morning, and I'm still feeling pretty good...good enough to go for a little workout this morning I think! The main difference is, the past few days I've been waking up feeling like my stomach is eating itself I'm so hungry, which in turn makes me so ill...but the crackers just took the edge off I think :) When is your second u/s?? Its so weird, we go from TTC craziness and worry, to pregnancy craziness, and then once those LO are born and running out and about in this big ol' world...I can only IMAGINE the craziness and worry that comes along with that. At least they're somewhat safe in our bellies! Next time I feel a rant coming on, be prepared for a PM!

Kimberlina--You are always the sweet voice of reason! Everything you said is so right...although its pretty bad at times, I should be thanking my lucky stars I'm hunched over the toilet dry heaving lol! I have definitely decided NOT to stick with paleo, at least while this nausea and strong food aversions are hanging around. At first it was really hard because both DH and I had this picture in our heads of how wonderful and perfect my diet and exercise was going to be..eating so much healthy stuff from Day 1 and just loving it. I had to have a sit down talk with him the other day, to explain how its not that I don't WANT to eat healthy, I really do, but I literally CANT. Right now, I can barely eat anything, so whatever sounds good at the moment, I'm sticking with. And hopefully, later on when I'm feeling better I can switch back to my normal routine. So he's definitely on board now, poor guy (it was more of a "look mister, this is how its gonna be" and "im the one carrying this baby and feeling like puking my guts out all day" kinda talk) So he came back last night with crackers, soup, sour candy, ginger ale, and some frosted flakes and fresh corn of all things..don't as me why, but fresh corn sound delish (and ironically has no nutritional value lol). PS how are YOU??!! M/s letting up at all?? Im about to PM you for those tips :)

Second Little one EDD: 7/13/16
Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby daydreams83 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:34 am

Hehehehe! Awwww, shucks! :) YAY! Glad the crackers helped! I swear empty stomach nausea is the absolute worst...oh and if you throw up? Ew. Just that nasty bile! UGH! I saw that trick a lot of the boards here and a few ladies I know like my sister, a fellow pregnant colleage, etc. suggested that as well. So you know it's gotta have value. :D My second appt at the OBGYN is on January 14, but they aren't planning to do an ultrasound then! :( She told me they usually listen for the heartbeat with the doppler and if they can't find it, they'll do an ultrasound... but she said since I'll be 12 weeks by then, it shouldn't be a problem with the doppler. We DID however, schedule a genetic screening ultrasound (after much thought), and that is scheduled for January 18. So I know I'll at least get to see the baby then. I can't wait!! :hb: Even though I've been having tons of symptoms, I feel like you're never really fully reassured until you see that beautiful little bean on the screen. :) Ha, and I laughed at your little worrying analogy - I just KNOW I'm going to be one of those mother's that worries about EVERYTHING! Well, at least initially. :) Hubby and I always joke that I'm the worrier and he's the super-chill laid back guy who just sorta rolls along, so hopefully our baby is a little mix of both - alert and aware, but calm and relaxed. ;)
Baby #1 due 7/24/13!!
11/16/12: BFP!
12/17/12: 1st u/s, saw heartbeat
1/14/13: 1st time hearing heartbeat :hb: 170 bpm
1/18/13: 2nd u/s! :hb: 162 bpm
3/11/13: :hb: 145 bpm - IT'S A GIRL!!
5/3/13: 3rd u/s! :hb: 143 bpm, Weight: 2 lb. 10 oz.
ImageImage Image
daydreams83
Angel
Angel

Postby Jazish » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:01 am

Txjess4 wrote:So I don't want to start a whole other thread for my paranoid first timer rants..but I'm so scared..:-/

I haven't seen our bean or gotten any medical feedback yet to confirm that everything is progressing as it should...and I'm so so so scared that the u/s will come on the third and there is going to be horrible news. I'm worrying myself sick about it, even though other than the light HPT, I have nothing to make me think something is wrong. I just keep reading all these stories from women with missed MCs and blighted ovums, and it's so hard to get excited when I feel like that could just as easily be me..

Does anyone else feel this way? How do you quiet that little voice of doubt in your head?!?

I'm right there with you
Formally HopingWaiting
Jaz-23
BF-29
4 angels
DD-1 (Aug '13 ddc!)
Unofficial edd: 3/3/16

Jazish
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Txjess4 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:15 am

It is very hard jaz, I keep telling myself only two more sleeps!!!

Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby easy_silence » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:45 pm

I just wanted to add my 2 cents because I was the exact same way...as for the worry which is SUCH a demon- I just had to repeat to myself that I believe in the little life inside of me. Somehow that made me feel less out of control with the early pregnancy. As for the morning sickness, I would freeze grapes during the day and then put them in a cooler at night by my bed. Sometimes I'd eat them during the night if I woke up, and they were great before I got out of bed...anyway- good luck at your first scan. It is nerve racking, but don't forget to allow yourself to be so excited! :D
Me: 25
DH: 27

TTC #1 January 2013
Suspected cp December 24th, 2012
1st BFP ever!!! July 19, 2013
Olivia Grace born April 1, 2013
6 lb 15 oz, 20 in long and a whole lot of dark hair!
easy_silence

Postby Txjess4 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:29 pm

Just wanted to update you ladies...we got to see the little bean today on our first u/s and all looked perfect :) He/she was measuring exactly 8 weeks and 2 days which is spot on for my LMP, and we got to see the beautiful little heart beating away at 163 bpm...we are so over the moon happy. I'm never POAS again for the next 7 months! :)

Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby daydreams83 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, fantastic!!!! I knew little bean was happy and healthy in there! :D It's so hard not to worry though!!! :wink:
Baby #1 due 7/24/13!!
11/16/12: BFP!
12/17/12: 1st u/s, saw heartbeat
1/14/13: 1st time hearing heartbeat :hb: 170 bpm
1/18/13: 2nd u/s! :hb: 162 bpm
3/11/13: :hb: 145 bpm - IT'S A GIRL!!
5/3/13: 3rd u/s! :hb: 143 bpm, Weight: 2 lb. 10 oz.
ImageImage Image
daydreams83
Angel
Angel

Postby EL1528 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:21 am

Txjess4 I really would like to know the outcome of this, as I'm in a similar situation right now. Very worried. I know this is an old thread but please let me know!!
EL1528

Postby adsloan10 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:37 pm

It's called the hook effect and is nothing to be worried about. Once your HCG reaches a certain level, the pregnancy tests have difficulty registering it. :)
Andrea

DD1 - 3/5/2007
DD2 - 9/10/2011
DD3 - 8/29/2012
DS - 10/29/2014

Baby # 5 Due 9/7/2016!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

adsloan10

Postby Kiers10h » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:55 pm

I know this is a really old post but this is happening to me. I took a hpt this morning.... light line! And all my symptoms are gone.... any reassurance you or other could offer would be great!
Kiers10h

Postby erin860 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:44 am

How far along are you? While it is true that a HPT getting lighter around the time of your missed period could indicate a miscarriage although it doesn't always when you are a few weeks into your pregnancy it is very true that they can be lighter. It makes sense to assume the further along you are, the higher levels would be, the darker the test line but that is not the case. And symptoms do come and go so don't be surprised if they are back in a couple days. Have you had your first ultrasound yet?
erin860

Previous

Return to First Trimester