Altitude affected morning sickness

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Altitude affected morning sickness

Postby kmannin9 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:25 pm

So, I have had some pretty severe sense of smell and morning/all day sickness but this last weekend we spent at the beach, all of my pregnancy symptoms disappeared and life was amazing! It was so wonderful to not be sick and not be tired. As soon as we returned home though, the symptoms came rushing back and like 10fold!

I am pretty convienced that it has to do with living in a higher altitude. We live 850ft above sea level and I think it's causing all my bad pregnancy symptoms. I want to go back to the beach sooooo bad. We only live an hour away but driving back and forth with gas prices what they are is hard to do all the time. I just miss not being sick.

Anyway, have any of you noticed changes in your symptoms at different altitudes?
kmannin9

Re: Altitude affected morning sickness

Postby kimberlina23 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:36 pm

I live at the beach and we went to the mountains over Christmas. I was 10 weeks at the time and I'd been having terrible morning sickness. I thought it was bad at home, but the high altitude made it even worse! We ended up cutting our trip short because I couldn't stand it any longer.

How far along are you? I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy :(
Check out my blog (with weekly pregnancy updates and other fun things!) www.blendingbeautiful.com

Image Image

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
kimberlina23
Angel
Angel

Re: Altitude affected morning sickness

Postby Afisher4jesus » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:07 pm

I have had terrible morning sickness too (well all day, sometimes all night). We live in the mountains around 5000 feet. I had the same experience when we went to the beach for a long weekend. I didn't get sick at all and it was a glorious 5 days and 4 nights! I got back home yesterday and it took until today for my nausea and vomiting to return. Bummer! Let's move to the beach together!
Afisher4jesus

Return to First Trimester