Experience with Anemia during pregnancy?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Experience with Anemia during pregnancy?

Postby 1daysoon » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Can anyone that has had anemia before or during pregnancy give any advice? I went to the ob for my appointment last week and they took a lot of blood I was extremely dizzy after and ever since then have been quite lightheaded during the day, extremely fatigued by about mid work day and have been quite pale and having bad headaches....today the ob office called me and said I'm slightly anemic and I should start taking iron supplements which I bought and took right away...maybe I'm worrying for nothing but now fear that maybe the lo hasn't been getting enough oxygen...whay has your experiences been like? I was slightly anemic when pregnant with my daughter but that was when I was about 8 months already...I'm just about to turn 10 weeks this weekend.
Me: Steph 26 Dh: 27 DD: 6
10/29/14 :bfp:
7 week us: :hb: 120
11week NT scan: :hb: 158 results all good, may be a boy??
16 week elective us: IT'S A BOY!!!! Finally officially announced we're expecting!

1daysoon

Return to First Trimester