How to cope with the anxiety of the first trimester.

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: How to cope with the anxiety of the first trimester.

Postby TUA88481 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Hahaha. That's funny you replied that way to your husband. And it's also really cute that he wanted to kiss your belly. I think the fitness contest idea sounds good!! I was pleased with the beta, I just hope it doubles!!! I'm nervous!

I'm so glad the Femara worked for you! I guess it's pretty amazing stuff! And I'm also glad you pushed to have betas and an early ultrasound. I'm a huge fan of sticking up to the doctors and insisting on getting what you want! My doctor may just be doing my betas and ultrasound for my piece of mind as well, because after being on the Femara the first cycle, I was upset about not being monitored on it, and insisted I be monitored if I needed to do further cycles. My dr. Pretty much thinks I'm a crazy person, but I dont care!!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
TTC #1 since November 2014
Jan. 14th- Started femera(letrozole) for PCOS and no ovulation
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/576889
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sumia » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:41 pm

Hey if we're paying them then we can act crazy to them. Thats what they get and I am sure there are WAY worse women out there but us! haha I am glad the treatments worked for you two :) I like having you two so close to me too! We can go over symptoms we been having. I feel semi lucky, right now all my symptoms seem gone except being tired. I think I am in the calm before the storm.
BFP: 3/8/17
DD born 10/16/15
6/28/17 It's a BOY! Image
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby catdenels » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:46 pm

Andrea - :lol2: Yup my dr DEFinitely thinks I am crazy...but the ironic thing about it is that by her doing these tests for me, it makes me LESS cra-zy. Silly Dr.'s.

I have a friend who is a nurse practitioner and I always go to her for all of my questions because she worked in the OB/labor and delivery division of the hospital for a long time, and she always tells me, there just really is not much they can do to prevent anything that is naturally going to happen at that early stage, so that is why they can seem like they are shoving you out the door and telling you not to come back until you have hit 8 - 10 weeks.

I am sure your numbers will double, so don't stress about it. My DH is going crazy that I have not gotten another call to do more betas. I told him they probably won't do it. He just can't be there for my first u/s so he is REALLY bummed on it. I think I might facetime him in, so then he can at least see/hear with me :hb:

Thought I would share a pic of me and DH so you ladies can put a face with the name:) Pay no attention to his angry face...I was teasing him about something right before we took the pic.
Attachments
angry face.jpg
angry face.jpg (51.71 KiB) Viewed 250 times
catdenels

Postby Pinkangel » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi ladies, I'm also in first trimester of 2nd pregnancy so I understand your anxiety. I myself am a real worrier and panic over every twinge even though I've done this before. I don't know if this will sound helpful but this is my take. I think as soon as we fall pregnant we become mothers and it is our job to worry and be concerned about our children. When I was pregnant with ds I found the worry never really stopped, once I got past first tri I would worry if I wasn't feeling him kick. Once he was born I worried about his feeding, weight etc. Now he's 6 and I still worry about his cold, his school so on.

I guess I'm just trying to say we are all mothers now and I think it is natural to feel this way in pregnancy, and especially if you've suffered loss before. I'm really trying to enjoy this pregnancy despite my worries as I know from my first that I'll really miss being pregnant when I have baby. Please take care ladies xx.
Pinkangel
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby TUA88481 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:28 pm

Sumia, I also love having you ladies so close! I'm sort of hoping that my somewhat mild symptoms are the calm before the storm. I feel like the more symptoms I have, the more confident I'll feel in the pregnancy, as crazy as that may sound.

Cat, the appointments and tests will help me to feel much better as well! I'm sorry your dh can't make it to your U/S, but face timing is certainly a good option. It's nice that you have a friend who is a nurse practitioner. If I had a friend like that, she probably wouldn't want to be my friend after a while, since I would be harassing her! Lol. Thanks for the picture. It is nice to see a face! I'll post a picture as well.

Pink angel, thank you for the thoughts. Your absolutely right that the worrying will never stop. I'm a full time nanny for 3 children, and I worry about them constantly, and they aren't even my children! But I see the way their mother worries, and she tells me all the time that she worried through her entire pregnancies and never stopped after they were born. She tells me all the time, "if you think the worrying will stop after the first trimester, you're wrong!"
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby TUA88481 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:38 pm

Here we are!!
Attachments
image.jpg
(113.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby catdenels » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:31 pm

Andrea you guys are too cute!

I agree with you and Sumia...seriously if I did not have you guys to talk about pregnancy round the clock I would go crazy! LOL It really is much easier with other ladies who are going through the same things/feelings/experiences/etc.

Welcome Pinkangel!!! That is exactly what my sister in law said. She was like OMG this is only the beginning, and I guess when you put it into perspective like that, you are totally right. I really am hoping to relax a little bit, but I doubt it. Once I think to myself, "ok, you are all good. Everything is in God's hands now, just eat healthy, exercise, and relax..." my DH will call and want to know if anything is new or when our next appointment or how soon before we can find out the sex of the baby, and I will start thinking about it all over again...so the saga continues.
catdenels

Postby Sumia » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:40 pm

Aww you two ladies are so pretty :D And wonderful pictures of the DH too! :) Lets see if I can find a pic of us:

My profile pic is better than this one but he doesnt like pics so its hard to get him in one haha. Yeah the only thing keeping me sane is no af this week haha!
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby TUA88481 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Aw thanks! I'm so glad we shared pictures, you're both very pretty!!

Are you ladies feeling crampy at all? Today has been more than ever. Mostly on the sides, like where my ovaries are. Feels really similar to the pains I felt around ovulation, with some occasional twinges right in the center. Maybe it's not so much crampy, but pinchy... Anyone else?
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sumia » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:40 pm

That was me yesterday! haha today though its only cramped like 3 times so far. I remember yesterday I was like, dang man its not happy today! :?
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby catdenels » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:55 pm

Yeah I have had twinges here and there today actually too. This is the first I really have had of any kinds of crampy feelings, so it kind of startled me at first, but went away pretty quick, so I didn't worry about it at all. I am about hitting that wall that I hit around 8pm every night lately n could totally go to bed and sleep through the night right now lol. Makes me feel so lazy.

So the contest thing totally worked with my parents...whew!

DH has been gone for a week now and still doesn't get back until Monday night ugh!!! I actually really like it when he takes the 3-5 day trips, but these 10+ day trips get old after awhile. I MISS him. I guess just makes the heart grow fonder :D
catdenels

Postby TUA88481 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Cat, 10 days is a long time! I can understand. But it's nice that you have your parents around. I'm glad the contest story is working out for you!

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling these little pains. Good thing they aren't super painful, but they have been more bothersome today than usual.
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby TUA88481 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:21 am

How are you ladies doing today!? I'm anxiously awaiting my next beta result in the next few hours!!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby catdenels » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:27 pm

Ohhhh man Andrea, that is EXCITING!!! I am doing pretty good. Just wishing my lunch would show up sometime soon at work cause I am HUNGRY!!!

Today feels like it is dragging to me...5pm cannot come soon enough lol, but I am sure you are feeling the same way waiting for those test results.

Please update us when you get them:)

What are all of your plans for the weekend?
catdenels

Postby Sumia » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:12 pm

MMM lunch sounds good. I am not sure what I want to do for lunch today. Fridays and Saturdays are my days off from work so today I am not sure what I am going to do. Maybe be Lazy ;) Had some tugging cramps earlier but I think its gone now. It will probably come back. Weird pressure near my tailbone for some reason. It could be from sitting but it feels different than the sitting pressure lol. How about you ladies?
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to First Trimester