How to cope with the anxiety of the first trimester.

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: How to cope with the anxiety of the first trimester.

Postby TUA88481 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Oh I know, I had to do the test when I was 14 and first diagnosed with pcos! Not fun!!!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
TTC #1 since November 2014
Jan. 14th- Started femera(letrozole) for PCOS and no ovulation
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/576889
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sumia » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:59 pm

How do they test that? A normal paps?
BFP: 3/8/17
DD born 10/16/15
6/28/17 It's a BOY! Image
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby TUA88481 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Test what, pcos? It's detected through bloodwork with very high testosterone levels, and by ultrasound, showing bigger than normal ovaries with more little follicles than average. The other thing that classifies pcos is long cycles. I was getting a period only every 3 months and that's why I was tested to begin with.
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sumia » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Ohhhh okay makes sense. I dont think I ever been tested for it but then again I am right on the dot every month, exactly 4 weeks from af lol. I don't think I ever missed, even when I first started. I was going like, every 2 weeks then it evened out to 4. Thats nerve wrecking to only get a period once every 3 months! I am sorry you had to go through that :(
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby TUA88481 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:34 pm

It's ok, I was so young, not worrying about the trouble it might cause in my future when I found out. When I was diagnosed, the dr. Put me on bc pills to regulate my hormones, and they made everything just fine for the next 10 years. I had AF every 28 days on the dot.
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby catdenels » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:12 am

Thanks Sumi. Yeah DH and I decided yesterday that we would wait to tell the boy until after my u/s on March 6th. That way we will at least know that everything is still moving in the right direction and we are in a safer place than the last time.
How is your day starting off?

Andrea - your betas are AWESOME!!! That is great. So happy for you. Hopefully that will help to take a little of the edge off until your u/s. Our u/s's are so close we are going to have to compare notes lol and give Sumi a heads up on what to expect:)

Do either of you ladies have kids already or is this the first for all of us?
catdenels

Postby TUA88481 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:53 am

Cat, march 6th after the ultrasound sounds like a good plan!

I don't have any children, this will be #1!!

Oh and my good beta result made me feel a little better, but then I'm totally crazy and started researching "loss after normal beta", and then I began to worry again. I'm sure I'll never stop worrying!!!

I'm feeling pretty pregnant today. My boobs are pretty sore, and I'm having a lot of cramping, although it's not really painful. It's in a different spot today. Right in the center, and super low. Almost feels like it's in my cervix. But I'm also having it on the sides like I have been. I hope it's all good!!!

How are you both feeling today!?
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby catdenels » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:30 am

OMGoodness Andrea I am going to smack the computer right out of your hands! lol Stop googling things that are just going to worry you, you crazy lady!

I am feeling pretty much the same way...boobs hurt, little cramping here and there but nothing crazy, and that is about it for me. I kind of wish I had more symptoms just for reassurance, but I guess I could also take it as a blessing.

It is crazy how much more you pay attention to what you eat during this time. I went to drink my bottle of water with an airborne tablet in it, and it occurred to me that I should check the label just to be safe, and sure enough it said "do not consume if pregnant". So then I went to Whole Foods and started grabbing everything in site, so I had things to munch on throughout the day. All of the food here in our office is like lunch meat, breakfast bars, chips, etc....all the stuff I don't want to be eating. I have found some really good prenatal smoothie recipes that I think I am going to try, and I have been making everything from scratch so I know what is in it.

My sister in law swears by EVERYTHING organic. I don't know if I will go that far. I'll do mostly organic, but I just feel like if nothing is really processed, contains a lot of sugar, or has a lot of pesticides, I am pretty good. I don't really eat a lot of sweets, so I am pretty good there, but I don't usually pay too much attention to organic/not organic.

What about you ladies? What do you think?
catdenels

Postby Sumia » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 pm

It's my first baby too! And yes I want to read notes too! Haha all us firsties here. Who knows what to expect. Yes I agree, Andrea needs to stop googling stuff or your going to worry yourself to death haha. I know how that feels though. Either way your going to worry and at least this way you can prepare for anything. Today a little bit of nausea now when I eat to fast. So gotta slow it down. Cat get some mandarin oranges, halos or cuties, they are small and can be taken as a quick snack and have loads of vitamin c so should help with the prevention of being sick :) if that's what you were taking the airborne for. DH was so excited. He thought the appt was this 27th. I must of not told him March so I think I ruined his week lol.
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby TUA88481 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Aw Sumia, your poor DH!

I know I'm totally nuts!! I really need to try to stop the googling.

I have not been nearly as careful about my diet as I should be. I've been eating a lot of sweets, which I really need to cut back on. I drink emergen-c every day, and since you just said that about the airborne tablet, I just HAD to google emergen-c. It seems to be safe, but what I just read was that a pregnant woman should not get more than 2000 mg of vitamin c each day. And I think that between my vitamin c pill each night, my emergen-c, my prenatals,band my orange juice in the morning, I've probably been getting too much! Whoops! I'm cutting out the emergen-c now!!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sumia » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Well the good news is, vitamin c is water based. So if you get more than 2000, all your going to do is pee it out lol. So really it is okay if you want to have a little extra because you are craving it. I feel you girl, my cravings are fruit too. I went to costco and got this huge fruit bowl and its amazing. I eat some of it in the morning and right before bed haha. So it helps a lot. :)
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby catdenels » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Sooooo have either of you heard of the ring test or pencil test??? I got bored at work today and my boss left early so me and one of the other girls were doing them. The ring test is supposed to detect whether or not you are going to have a boy or girl, but the pencil test is supposed to do the same thing but also tell you how many...I am having TWINS and probably boys!!! :lol:

Here are the links if you want to try them just for fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPWFoGRVl8E

http://pencilpregnancytest.com/

If you do them, let us know what the results are and we will see how accurate these tests really are:)
catdenels

Postby TUA88481 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Hahaha, yes I have heard of these tests! That's so funny that you did them! Twin boys would be a handful!! Maybe I will do these tests soon.

Sumia, fruit sounds pretty good right now. I just had the biggest craving for Mexican, so I went to whole foods and got chips, guacamole, pico de guio, and (cheese dip which I made sure is pasteurized, lol).

I have a huge head ache right now which is scary because I usually associate headaches with AF! I welcome this headache with open arms if it's due to pregnancy!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sumia » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:14 pm

haha I heard of the ring but not the pencil. How fun I will have to try it sometime! I like to take those gender prediction tests, they are fun! According to the chinese, I should be having a boy but all the tests come back as leaning toward girl haha so we will see I guess!

My headaches come from lack of water. If I drink a cup of water, then the headache goes away! Have you tried that yet?
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby TUA88481 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:40 pm

I've actually been drinking more water than usual today. But yes, I've had headaches due to dehydration before. But that's not what this is. Sometimes I get headaches when I'm exhausted, which I do feel exhausted, but it's not from lack of sleep like it normally would be.
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext