How to cope with the anxiety of the first trimester.

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: How to cope with the anxiety of the first trimester.

Postby babydust530 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:34 am

Thanks!! :)
That's stinks about the cough; def get it checked out.
Now that I have this monkey off my shoulder I feel great...biggest complaint is the burning I get from the inflamed boobs. I picked oh the nursery set and it's so expensive but it seems that both moms and baby's great grandparents are all chipping in. I'll try to post a pic. Now that everyone knows it's a girl the grandmothers have gone shopping crazy...lol. This baby already has a better wardrobe than me.
Becky how are you feeling? Any more pain?
Me and DH: 32
My beautiful baby girl born October 2015.
BFP with baby#2 on 4/5/17.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:20 am

Aww lucky spoiled little girl!! I can't wait until these babies come and we can see what they all look like!! We haven't seen a belly pic from you in a while Babydust!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
TTC #1 since November 2014
Jan. 14th- Started femera(letrozole) for PCOS and no ovulation
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/576889
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby babydust530 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:18 pm

I'll def post one. I was meaning to and then the whole biopsy saga happened. I'll try to take one tonight so I can post the belly pic and the nursery furniture pic together.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sumia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:03 pm

Glad to hear it wasn't cancer :) YAY! And sorry Andrea the cold isn't going away. Just don't go to the ER. Try to go to a regular dr. The ER will put you in Labor and Delivery haha! No pain here! Thank goodness! Tomorrow is my second vacation in LA and lots and lots of standing and walking so yeah, mentally preparing for that one. I was doing a breast check and saw that I had a little bit of liquid come out of both of them! I didn't think it happened this soon! haha It shocked me to say the least. I mean I know what it is and I know to expect it but to actually see it is like, woah! lol. My belly is getting bigger, it finally looks like I am pregnant and not just fat lol. Ill post the pic I took earlier.
BFP: 3/8/17
DD born 10/16/15
6/28/17 It's a BOY! Image
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Sumia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:30 pm

Here it is 24 weeks, well according to the last u/s
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby babydust530 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:17 pm

Adorable belly!
Here is the bump at almost 24 weeks according to expected new due date and the nursery furniture.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (24.88 KiB) Viewed 438 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (70.54 KiB) Viewed 438 times

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:26 pm

Babydust, I love the furniture!! Your bumps are both looking sooo cute!! Man do I feel huge. Lol.

Becky, have fun on vacation! I hope it's not too much activity! Oh and that's so exciting having liquid coming out of your boobies!! Haha. I have heard it can start super early. It's Not abnormal at all, it just doesn't happen for everyone.

I just got back from the dr. She wrote me a prescription for amoxicillin. But she wasn't 100% sure I need it. I'm going to wait another day or two and see if this goes away on it's now before I start taking it. What you would ladies do?? I know it's safe, but I still feel funny about it.
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sumia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:28 pm

No idea Andrea, I am allergic to that so I wasn't given that. I had some keflex, and they said that worked for me. So I would take it if it works to get the cold away. Good news is that your far enough along that all baby really needs to do is just grow, so you dont need to be concerned about any major health problems from meds.

Cute furniture baby! I hope youll have some help putting it together. The crib was easy compared to the dresser we got lol.
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby babydust530 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:09 pm

Becky we'll def need help because hubby and I are both challenged in that department. Enjoy vacation! We have a trip planned at the end of July and I'm curious to see how I'll do. Lol
Andrea as far as the medicine goes I would weight the risks and benefits. For me personally I rather avoid medicine now that I'm pregnant unless the risks of not taking the medicine outweighs the risks of taking it. Like Becky said now that you r farther along and baby's organs are formed in sure it would be fine to take it and your doctor wouldn't have given it to you if it was dangerous. Do what feels right for you. Feel better!

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:47 pm

Hello! Happy Fourth of July weekend! I'm soooo excited to have two days off. An actual weekend is not a usual occurrence for me.

So I decided not to I'll that prescription, but I'm feeling almost completely better anyway. I'm glad I decided against it, since it clearly wasn't necessary.

Today I went to babies r us with my parents and ordered my crib and glider. They had the glider in the store, so it's now sitting in a huge box in my car. I can't wait for it to get put together, but it will probably remain in a box for a while.

I hope you both have a great weekend!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby babydust530 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:37 pm

We went to babies r us today too. Lol. We officially finished our registry. My mother in law said all the furniture has been ordered and it's being delivered to our house. We plan on leaving it in the box until the third trimester.
Now that I feel her moving it's becoming so real that in 4 months I'll be holding my little baby. It's so crazy! :)

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sumia » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:56 am

Aww yay baby Glad your feeling her more! Registry shopping is so much fun! They just put in a buy buy baby store here. It's bigger than baby's r us so I think I'll open a registry there too :). Glad your feeling better andrea! It is best to stay off meds unless you really need it. Everything is good here. Survived a lot of walking and standing at the convention I went too. She was okay the whole time but def let me know if she did not want to stand or walk anymore lol. My stomach is getting bigger lol. It's so crazy to look at
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby babydust530 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:09 am

Glad you enjoyed the convention. We registered at both babies r us and buy buy baby. This the family had a choice of which store they rather go to.
DH painted the 3rd bedroom which will be the new guest room last night. We plan on putting up the curtains in the nursery and new guest room and maybe sometime in the beginning of August starting to move the guest room furniture from the soon to be nursery into the new guest room.
We r also gettin new kitchen countertops and a new kitchen sink, so our house is a bit of a mess right now. Looking forward to having everything set so I can start nesting.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sumia » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Uhg I hear you on that baby. Tomorrow we are going to home depot to get the floor picked out for the stairs then they will be coming in to install the carpet for the stairs and all hardwood upstairs. It's going to be crazy! After thats done then I can start to really do some nursery stuff. LOL.
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby TUA88481 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:58 am

I have never heard of buy buy baby. Sounds cool! I'm glad you're both doing well. That's so cool that you're both getting some nice work done in your homes!

I also can't wait to start nesting. Once the family I work for goes away at the end of July, I plan on getting so much done as far as moving out all of my art studio stuff, and transforming that room into his nursery. Oh and at that point, I'll probably finish my registry. I also signed up for a newborn 101 class for July 22nd at babies r us, and I'm trying to sign up for the infant CPR class as and nursing class as well. I must check if they have a labor and delivery class too. Will either of you be doing any classes like this?

I went and got myself that body pillow, and I've gotta say, I kinda hate it. I end up falling asleep with it, but then a couple hours later, I need to get it out of the bed, it's so restricting. Maybe I should have tried another type. The main reason I've been using it, is because my doctor wants me to prevent from sleeping on my back, and this pillow is supposed to help with that. But so far it's just plain annoying.

The past couple of days, my boobs have been feeling so weird. Lots of sharp stabby pains. I wonder if this means I'll start to get colostrum soon? I haven't really felt like this since the very beginning of pregnancy.

My mom, sister in law, and mother in law have started planning my shower. They have been asking me for my opinion on a lot of things, so that's nice. It will be September 27th, and I'm so excited about it!!

Becky, I'm glad you survived the convention! I saw your pics on FB, looks like you had fun!

Oh and one more thing, if you have already registered for your baby bath tub, which one did you pick!? I'm having an especially hard time deciding on this.
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext