How to cope with the anxiety of the first trimester.

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: How to cope with the anxiety of the first trimester.

Postby babydust530 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:23 am

Yes house renovations during pregnancy are not fun, but I'll be glad once its over. It took DH and I hours to put up curtains last night (we are both very challenged in the handy department) but we finally got them up!
Andrea that's awesome that you already have a shower date. I told my mom and mother in law I wanted to be surprised (I just figured it would be less stressful to knowing, because they cant put me in the middle and ask for my opinion). I think they are in the process of picking a place so they can send our invitations. I think mine will be sometime in September too.
The first body pillow I bought, I hated. The second one I love! It's c-shaped so I put the opening towards the outer part of the bed to make it easy to get out of bed without having to do over the pillow. I have back problems and so far its really helped.
C Shaped- Premium Multi-Position Contoured Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow with Zippered Cover - Exclusively By Blowout Bedding RN# 142035
Above is the name of the one I use now and love. I got it on amazon.
As far as bath tub I went with: Fisher-Price® Aquarium Bath Center
I liked it because it had good reviews, reasonably priced, and it grows as baby grows (there is a cover for when they are newborns that can be removed as they get a little bigger).

Last night I was having a lot of sharp pain on my breast too- it felt like it was shooting from the inside of my breast to my nipple.
Me and DH: 32
My beautiful baby girl born October 2015.
BFP with baby#2 on 4/5/17.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sumia » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:52 am

No idea on the bath tub question. My friend let us use hers so yeah. I don't even know the brand but it looks nice. :) my baby shower is going to be august 30th. I figure I'll be crazy tired in Sept since I have a feeling she's going to come early so the shower earlier would be better. We're finally going to the beach for the shells on sunday! My next Dr appt is Monday and I'll get some pics again :) yay! Haha she's so funny in there. She hates when things come in her space. So if I'm resting my arm on my stomach or on the side, she kicks it till it moves. The other night I wanted to test her patience, so I poked the side and just kept my finger in. She kicked it a few times but I didn't move my finger. After a few min of kicking she got super mad and started tensing and started to do a BH contraction so I pulled my finger back and she calmed down like instantly lol. I laugher so hard. I can't believe how much control of that part of my body she has!
BFP: 3/8/17
DD born 10/16/15
6/28/17 It's a BOY! Image
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby babydust530 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:51 pm

Lol that's so funny Becky!
Quick question; have either one of you experienced cramping at this stage? I haven't for a while and today I've had some dull cramping in the lower ab.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:53 pm

Becky, I am amazed by how smart your little girl is! Lucien doesn't really react to me poking my belly. But he has been very active lately!

Do you think a shower in late September will be too late!? I sure hope not. I'm sure I'll be exhausted and gigantic, but I just felt like if I had the shower in August, the time would realllllly drag on after already having all of the baby stuff!

Babydust, thank you for telling me about your pillow and tub. That tub looks like a great choice! Maybe I'll pick the same one. And that pillow seems to make a lot more sense than mine. Mine is shaped like a 6, or a 9 depending how you look at it. I just hate to spend more money on another one. I'll see if I get used to the weird 6-shaped one first. That's cool that your shower will be a surprise! Oh, and yes, I'm still having cramping! It comes and goes. Today it was pretty intense for a few minutes. They might be really light BH contractions, or just stretching pains, but either way, it's totally normal. My doctor said make sure your drinking plenty of water, and emptying your bladder as often as possible. She said this can make a difference when it comes to the cramping.
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
TTC #1 since November 2014
Jan. 14th- Started femera(letrozole) for PCOS and no ovulation
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/576889
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sumia » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Yes I cramp only when baby is stressed out. I figured that out at the hospital when I went to the er. When it would tense up and get hard and crampy, it's a contraction or BH. And they do that when stressed. When I stand to long or lay wrong or she just doesn't like the noise level all I do is find somewhere quiet and sit and relax for a minute and it calms down. Try that. Rubbing on your stomach works too when that happens to help calm the baby. And yes keep up on fluids. I've been super thirsty today! We were just out doing errands today and 20 min out, I had to stop at the gas station for water lol. So I guess I need to start carrying water everywhere I go.
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby babydust530 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:41 am

Thanks ladies! The little part I left out on my post yesterday is that the cramping happened after I experienced the big O. It was a dull low cramp and dull lower backache. It lasted for a few hours. I drank tons of water and put my feet up, by bedtime it seemed to have gone away. I got a little scared there for a bit...not sure if I'll be "indulging" myself again until this baby is out. lol
Andrea, I was thinking the same thing about my shower. I have a feeling it'll be at the middle-end of September and I'm hoping it won't be too close to my delivery. I've heard of women that have their babies before their shower. I'm hoping it wont be a problem because even though they pushed my due date to October 22nd, the baby is measuring more like a late October due date (maybe even a Halloween baby), so I think I'll be fine.
Becky, I've always been a big water drinker, but I've noticed I've been even more thirsty lately- esp now that its summertime in NY.

On a different note, they stained my office door at work and I'm not pleased. They did it on a Sunday and luckily the following week I was mostly out of the office. I hoped that this week (1 week later) the smell would be gone, but its still lingering. I've been leaving my office door open and window open with two fans pointing out of the door. I also bought a few packages of baking soda that I'm hoping will soak up the smell. So annoying that they would do this without even considering the fact that I'm pregnant and those fumes can be toxic.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:59 am

Babydust, I have experienced intense cramping immediately after O, but it would only last a few seconds. I remember at the beginning of my pregnancy, I had a sex dream, and woke up with the most intense cramping. I must have O'd in my sleep, which I don't recall ever doing in the past! So weird. It was very scary. Anyway, Mention it to your doctor. I wouldn't worry though. Unless your dr. Feels it's dangerous, you shouldn't deprive yourself! Lol.

Funny you should mention the door staining, because last Thursday at work, they had a painter come to the house and paint several walls. I was annoyed and felt the same way as you. Very inconsiderate not to even think of me being pregnant! I know paint isn't the same as stain, and I was probably annoyed for nothing, but I couldn't help being kinda pissed.
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sumia » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:39 pm

Aww baby, when you O, you are actually contracting so that could be why you got some intense pain when you did. Your body contracted, I guess that's a taste for early labor pains! So I wont worry about that cramping, it's normal!

Two days ago I felt like a garbage disposal. I had to eat like, all day and I drank a lot of fluid. It was crazy! Then yesterday I was all sore and she was super active. It was sore like stretching pains. I said I must be growing haha. Today I slept in till almost 11am, which is when I went to bed so I had like 12 hours of sleep, and I checked myself out and I grew a lot! Little one is not active today really at all. A kick this morning but that was it lol. She must be sleeping today. Good thing man, yesterday it was like non stop! Lol, so yeah I feel huge today lol. I guess thats normal but she will have these random growth spurts and Im like, ow! Lol. But today seems good! :) My appt is on monday and I will have some pics to show off hopefully! :)
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby babydust530 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:26 am

That's was the weird part, it wasn't sharp cramps like I've read about after O. It was more of a dull cramping and lower back dull-like pain. But, thankfully its gone.
Andrea that stinks about the painting...I hope the smell is gone. My office gets a little better each day.
Becky, that's so cute about the growth spurts. The only time I notice a difference in my belly is from morning to evening. Can't wait to see your little girl's updated picture.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sumia » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:21 am

Girrrls 2 more weeks and we're 3rd trimester! Can you believe it?!? The time is flying so fast! I told dh yesterday that it's going really quick lol. Pretty soon our little ones are going to be here! I'm excited and nervous about the little sleep I'll have. Especially taking care of her the first few months when he's off to training. I don't do well with a lack of sleep but we will see how it goes lol. Maybe she's gonna be a good baby and get a schedule down and then I can sleep in downtime ha. Wishful thinking.
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby babydust530 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:59 am

Wow that's crazy! When does the third trimester technically start? I keep hearing mixed information.
I've been having these moments where I turn to DH and say "We're having a baby! We're going to be parents". It's so weird, you go through the motions of pregnancy (looking forward to each milestone) and before you know it, a real live baby is in your arms. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that it's actually happening.
Becky, I completely forgot about your hubby's training. I imagine that being tough on you and him. I'm also a huge sleeper, and don't do well at all when I'm sleep deprived. It'll be interesting to see what happens. lol

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:13 pm

I agree it feels like the time is flying by! I also worry about sleep deprivation especially because I'll have to go back to work after only 3 weeks, and my husband has made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to help much in the middle of the night. I think it's total crap that he just says that and thinks it's ok, because he thinks I can handle it. But I also understand he works much longer hours than me, usually hard labor, and he isn't a great sleeper as it is. It's going to be very stressful, but I'm too am hoping for an easy baby who gets on a schedule pretty quickly. My husband had colic and was a terrible baby. But I was really good. Ughh I just HOPE I get lucky!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby TUA88481 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Becky, I can't wait to hear about your appointment tomorrow, and see new pictures!!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby babydust530 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:57 pm

I have a feeling a lot of the middle of night wake up calls will fall on me too, because I'm planning on breastfeeding. I know I can pump and have DH give her a bottle in the middle of the night, but we'll see.
Have you ladies noticed change in movement? The last couple of days I haven't felt any kicks. Some very minor movement here and there but no pops like I was feeling before.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:46 am

Actually, this baby has been insanely active in the last couple of weeks. Sometimes I'm actually worried, and wondering, what the hell? This poor kid must be so uncomfortable with all of the wiggling and kicking he's been doing! But every once in a while, I'll get a day, or half a day where I realize I haven't felt anything in a while. I wouldn't worry Babydust!!!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext