How to cope with the anxiety of the first trimester.

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: How to cope with the anxiety of the first trimester.

Postby babydust530 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:57 pm

I'm not too worried. I did feel some minor little pops a few minutes ago. It's so weird my doctor told me the anterior placenta won't impact me feeling fetal movement, but everywhere I read says the contrary. I wish you and I could meet in the middle....you feel a little less and me a little more. lol
Me and DH: 32
My beautiful baby girl born October 2015.
BFP with baby#2 on 4/5/17.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust530 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:47 pm

Baby just kicked and my belly moved from the outside :) I guess she's well rested from her 2 day sleep-in

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:48 am

Oh good! I'm glad she gave you a nice reassuring kick! I have also read the anterior placenta can affect to feeling fetal movement, so that's odd that your doctor disagrees. Oh well, everything is fine, I'm sure!!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
TTC #1 since November 2014
Jan. 14th- Started femera(letrozole) for PCOS and no ovulation
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/576889
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby babydust530 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:01 am

Oh yea, she def made up for lost time last night and is kicking today too. :)

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sumia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:44 pm

Hey baby you should join us october ttc people in the fb group that they linked in the forum! I know most of us went there, so if you want to you can join us! :) Well since your probably an october mommy now :P

My appt was great. Dr said shes a super cute baby for how old she is. Shes been saying that the whole pregnancy haha. She took her picture and went for another angle but then the baby knew and kicked herself back and hid her face haha. Shes stubborn and a little stinker haha but its okay. I am just happy there are no visual birth defects on her. Especially with that ER trip I had and them pumping me with all sorts of meds. Who knew what it did to her, but I am glad shes okay. My appt's are now Bi weekly! Its getting closer to the due date lol. This time feels like it flew by!

I am pretty happy that so far 2 strangers have noticed I was pregnant and asked how far I was. I know a lot of women don't like that, but I kinda do haha. How have you been doing baby?
BFP: 3/8/17
DD born 10/16/15
6/28/17 It's a BOY! Image
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby babydust530 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:01 am

Thanks for the invite! That is so cute about your little girl! :) I'm so relieved she is doing well, and that hospital trip didn't impact her in any way. Have you gotten a 3D pic yet? I have an u/s next week to check on my placenta and I'm going to ask if they can do a 3D image. I really hope they do.
I've been feeling pretty good. I have my glucose test tomorrow (round 2 since I already took one in the first trimester). My breast as still pretty inflamed, but since they think its hormone related I'm not expecting that to change until after little Madisyn arrives. It's so crazy how close we are to the third trimester! I feel like the 1st trimester dragged by, and the 2nd trimester has flown by (also the fact that they moved my due date up 2 weeks def made this trimester go by even faster).
Our kitchen counter-top and sink have finally been installed and I'm so thrilled with how it looks. Now DH wants to convert from oil to gas and add a second bathroom in the basement before Madisyn arrives. I told him that's fine as long as during my maternity leave I don't want any work being done in the house (I really want to enjoy the piece and quiet with her)...well as quiet as one had expect from a newborn. :)

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust530 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:05 am

ok I just joined the group :).

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:35 pm

Babydust, I'm glad you like the countertops! I agree the 2nd trimester is flyingggg by! Good luck on the glucose test! I'll be scheduling mine tonight at my appointment. I can't wait to find out how far ahead I'm measuring, because I'm pretty sure I'm huge! Oh, and I don't blame you for wanting peace and quiet in your home with your baby girl!!

Becky, after tonight's appointment, I have one more appointment 4 weeks from now, and then I go every 2 weeks. I hope that will be ok!! I'll have to double check with my Dr. Tonight, but I'm pretty sure that's what she instructed me to do. I already scheduled all of my appointments up until about 36 weeks, so if I have to change something now, it's going to throw everything off!! It's so funny only a couple of strangers have asked you about your pregnancy, because I get asked all the time, and I have for weeks now!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sumia » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:27 pm

Yeah andrea its so funny, my co worker asked why I didnt do a CT scan when I was at the ER. Im like, cause Im pregnant. And he looked shocked. He was even more shocked when he found how how far along I was lol. He said I am carrying it well. I guess thats good but I like when people notice. Hhaha especially if labor really take its toll on me, I may only have 1 child. DH and I have already decided if she wants a sibling, we will adopt lol. DH being adopted himself and I have always loved the idea so we will do this in the future. I just wanted to experience pregnancy and childbirth at least once. :) That is cool you scheduled all your appts already. They only let me schedule mine one at a time, except for the 3 major ones where they are doing physical checks. I got that one on Sept 8th for my 3rd trimester scan lol. Otherwise they make me schedule when I come in lol.
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby TUA88481 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:09 pm

The reason I scheduled so far in advance is because I am able to go to one of two offices, but the way more convenient one books up super quick. I mean you have to schedule about 8 weeks in advance to get an appointment there. Otherwise, I'm stuck going to the other office which is in the city and not convenient at all.

Babydust, how did your glucose test go!? I'm so nervous about mine. With a 24 pound weight gain, Diabetes in my family, and pcos, I feel like I'm screwed.
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby babydust530 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:18 pm

It went well. After doing the 3-hr in the first trimester, the 1-hr was a breeze. I'll prob get the results back next week. I'm really hoping I pass. Andrea when is yours?

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:59 pm

Mine is on the 29th. I'm super nervous!! I'm glad yours was I breeze! I hope you get good results!!

So today I worked a birthday party like I always do on the weekends, but today felt totally different. It wasnt a particularly difficult party, but by the end of it, I felt so beat. My belly felt so heavy, achy, and uncomfortable like a bowling ball was about to fall out, my vagina actually ached. And now, a couple hours later, every time I stand up, I feel like I just ran a marathon. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to continue, and I'm very disappointed in myself. I'm going to see how next week goes, and if it's just as bad, I'll put in my 2 weeks notice.
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby babydust530 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:24 am

Andrea what part of the test makes you nervous? The procedure or the results? Remember many women fail the 1-hour and pass the 3-hr. Also, don't feel bad for potentially having to put in your 2-weeks notice. If I didn't have a desk job I don't know how I would be doing.

So this Saturday DH and I went on a tour of the maternity unit where I'll be delivering. It was pretty cool seeing the delivery room, equipment, etc. Initially, DH and I had talked about having our mothers in the delivery room (if I had a vaginal delivery)- more as a means of doing something special for them and having them be a part of the experience. But, during the tour the nurse that led the group mentioned that they suggest to have only the parents when the baby is delivered. She mentioned how special of a moment it is and how it shouldn't be shared. So DH and I decided we'll allow our mothers to hang out in the room, but when its time to deliver the baby, they'll go into the waiting room. We spoke to both moms and kind of blamed it on the hospital (lol), they were both totally cool with it. What are you ladies planning on doing as far as the delivery room? It was crazy, since the hospital tour things have become even more real.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sumia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:57 am

I would actually like my mom there, more like a coach since dh won't know what to do and honestly doesn't want to watch lol. He says he's seen enough over in iraq. But I tried to tell him its different cause it's his kid but he did say he would be there for delivery and will cut the cord so that's something lol. But I would be okay with my mother being there. His mom wasn't to keen on that but she's got like 3 other daughters so she's gonna experience it too so I'm not hurt.
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby babydust530 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:43 am

So last night I was having some constant dull lower back pain and some pelvic pressure. Nothing major, but it wasn't going away. Since I had an appointment with my doctor already scheduled for this morning I decided to wait to talk to him then. He checked my cervix and said its closed, thick and long. The told me that the pain is likely due to my belly growing, but because my doctor is super proactive and looks into everything he gave me some vaginal swab test ( I forget the name) that tests to see if I'll go into labor the next 2 weeks.
I have a sonogram tomorrow morning, and he didn't feel comfortable with me going away on vacation (I'm leaving to Portland, Maine this Friday) until he saw me one more time. So, now I have to go back to him this Thursday morning to make sure my cervix is still closed and get the results back from the swab and the ultrasound. On a bright note, I passed the 1 hr glucose test! :)
I'm not too concerned about the backpain/pressure I've been having. I've had back issues since college and I think its all related to that. Part of me wishes my doctor would just say "everything is fine", but I guess its a good think that he's really looking into it...better safe than sorry.
It's so tough to be able to know what symptoms are "normal" and what ones warrant a call to your doctor or trip to the ER.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to First Trimester