How to cope with the anxiety of the first trimester.

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: How to cope with the anxiety of the first trimester.

Postby Sumia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:30 am

I went to the ER when the pain was so bad, I was throwing up and I couldn't sleep. My husband convinced me that it wasnt normal and to go to the ER. I think if your gut is telling you to go to the ER then you need to but if you do feel like its a normal pregnancy pain in your gut then thats what it probably is. My pain didnt feel like it was pregnancy related. Is it in your back spine or like a muscle pain near it? :( I hope the pain isnt bad and you dont have to miss your vacation for it!
BFP: 3/8/17
DD born 10/16/15
6/28/17 It's a BOY! Image
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby TUA88481 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Babydust, congrats on passing the 1 hour test! Must feel great! I am most worried about the results of the test, and having to change my diet. I'm sorry you've been in so much pain. I'm glad your doctor is really looking into it. I feel like a lot of aches and pains are normal at this point, and I sure hope what you're feeling is normal, and that your cervix stays the way it should be!!

I too have been veryyyy uncomfortable lately. Not my back so much, but my whole pelvis, pubic bone, and lower abdomen ache so bad when I move around. I seriously feel like this boy weighs a ton already. He has also shifted from what I can tell. He was head down for a while, and I was feeling all of his kicks right under my ribs, but now I'm feeling everything very low and sometimes getting kicked inward, where I can't really see or feel it as much from the outside. But I sure can feel it inside! I wonder if this has something to do with my increased discomfort lately.

When it comes to delivery, Becky, I'm like you. I want my mom there as a coach, because my husband will likely be useless, and he's terrified to even be there. He would prefer not to be! But that's not an option. Lol.

So my belly button has gotten pretty weird! How about you guys? Half of it is almost sticking out, another part is pushed out more than usual, and then the middle part is still pretty deep. But over all, it looks so strange!!

Tomorrow I'm going to a newborn basics class with my husband, mom, and dad. It's a free class offered at babies r us. I hope to learn a lot, although I already know quite a bit about caring for an infant. I'm sure there's still plenty to learn! Should be fun!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
TTC #1 since November 2014
Jan. 14th- Started femera(letrozole) for PCOS and no ovulation
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/576889
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sumia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:12 pm

All of that is yes andrea haha. I feel like this kid just decided to sit in my hips and lower stomach. Its rare when I see her move now lol. Its causing more pain and discomfort on my hips. Not so much my back thankfully but def in the front and hips and pelvic area with lots of pressure and a little pain but not terrible. My belly button is still a bit in but def half way poking out like you said haha. It looks weird! Its like, pick one! LOL. But yeah, she def moves just as much. I had some center rib pain today. It hurt pretty bad but was tolerable. It went away eventually but it sure feels like my ribs separated from each other lol.

I decided no more movie theaters. We saw antman and she literally wouldnt calm down the whole movie. I think it was really loud for her, but shes always been this way with super loud noises from the time she could hear. I hope I don't have one of those babies who will wake up to a knat farting lol. About 10 min from when the movie was ending was when she calmed down. She also did not like the stairs. This little one hates stairs! I go up 1 flight its okay but 2 or more, shes mad and makes me BH a lot until I sit and rub on her a bit, then she calms down lol. So crazy!
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby babydust530 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:48 am

I'm so glad I passed the 1hr too, but now I'm hearing of women that were told to eat their normal food on the day of the test so they wouldn't mess up the results. My test was at 7am, so I took it on an empty stomach- I hope I didn't falsely pass the test.

My hubby is def nervous to be in the delivery room too, but I figured if he's the only one there he'll have no choice but to step up to the plate. lol. My mom is a yoga instructor, so it'll be nice to have her there as I'm laboring. Then DH will have to pick up the responsibility once its time to push and mom leaves the room.

Andrea we signed up for the baby class at our hospital for the end of September. Becky, that's so cute about your little girl and loud noises. I'm sure she'll get accustomed to the noises once she's born.

I can definitely relate to the pains you ladies are talking about. Aside from my lower backache, which hasn't really gone away. I started getting some intense pelvic pressure last night and this morning. It feels like someone kicked me in the crotch! My hips are also sore. I think this is just the time when our bodies are going to stretch out even more to make room for baby.

I had my sonogram this morning and it went great! The tech talked a lot, which I love because then I don't have to wait to hear all the results from my doctor. She said baby moved positions and it now head down, which is probably why I've been having so much pelvic pressure. She is still a little girl and measuring on track for a 10/22 arrival. She told me everything looks good: cervix length, ammonic fluid, baby's measurements, and my placenta has cleared away from my cervix! :)
Baby girl weighted 2lbs 1oz! So happy she hit the 2lb milestone! Her heartbeat was great around 150something (I forget the exact number).
Now I just have to go for my follow up appointment tomorrow, and as long as the swab test comes back negative and my cervix is still closed I should be cleared for my vacation. :)
Me and DH: 32
My beautiful baby girl born October 2015.
BFP with baby#2 on 4/5/17.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:17 pm

It's so funny how we are all becoming very uncomfortable and feeling the same aches and pains right at the same time! It's nice to know it's all normal. But I just cant imagine what I'll be feeling like at 40 weeks, if I'm already this uncomfortable. I don't know how the heck women carry twins or more! It's insane!

Becky, I've been having lots of BH as well. Today was full of BH, probably I did so much laundry. Literally all day I spent doing laundry, going up and down stairs, and helping the family pack for their trip.

Babydust, I'm glad your sonogram went well! So cool your little girl weighs over 2 pounds! I wouldn't worry about falsely passing the test. I don't think it makes a big difference either way, because it seems all doctors have different rules about what to do before the test. I hope everything goes well at your follow up tomorrow, so you can go in your trip care free!!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby babydust530 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:55 am

I was getting lots of BH yesterday too (they would only last for a couple of second and totally painless, but I feel like it happened a lot) and I wasn't particularly active. I'm entering that phase of confusion and not knowing what's normal pressure/BH and what warrants a call to the doctor/hospital visit. Reading about the women in the October facebook page that were having pressure/contractions and were in pre-term labor is scaring me a little bit.
On a bright note, doctor cleared me for vacation, but not before he checked my cervix again and did an internal (which I was not happy about, because I've heard it can lead to pre-term labor). But, he's the expert so I'm relinquishing control and reminding myself that if he felt it wasn't necessary or safe he wouldn't have done it.
During the internal he did say he could feel baby's head was down- he said babies can flip up until 37 weeks, but if her head stays down I'll probably continue to feel the same pressure I've been feeling. I was able to get some clearer answers from him regarding what warrants a call and/or ER trip and he said of course if my water breaks, or if the BH contractions I've been having become more consistent and more intense. At least now I have some guidelines.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:47 pm

Babydust, I have been feeling the same way! Reading about preterm labor scared the crap out of me the other day. And I've also started to wonder what's normal and what isn't. I think as long as the BH aren't consistently happening in a pattern, like a few minutes apart, it's normal to feel some every day.

I know Lucien is still flipping a lot, since I'll have one day with kicking near my ribs, and the next day it seems to be on my cervix. I knew a girl who was scheduled for a c section because her baby was breach at 39 weeks, and before the c section, he flipped and she was able to deliver vaginally! So I guess it can happen even later than 37 weeks! Although I'm sure that must have been so uncomfortable feeling the baby flip inside when he was already that big!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby TUA88481 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:01 am

Becky, is today your glucose test!. Good luck! Although I'm sure you'll be fine! Mine is tomorrow. I, on the other hand need all the luck I can get!!

Check out this bookcase I bought used, for 40 bucks. I'm really excited about it!

I hope you're both doing well! We've been very quiet on here.
Attachments
image.jpg
(118.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sumia » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:13 pm

Sorry been spending most my time on the fb page haha. Yes I passed! Thank goodness. I drank the drink and it tasted pretty good in my opinion, but 15 min later I was sick and nauseated. 30 min after that I felt fine. So I was pretty sure I would pass okay lol. I was hoping for an u/s but I did just have one like two weeks ago haha. My next appt is the 17th and thats going to be an u/s day I am sure! So excited for that.

Got half the floor put in, the other half gets put in tomorrow then the carpet for the stairs either friday or monday. I am pretty excited for that to be done and over with. My cat freaked out being in the crate so long that I found some blood on his paw, but no scratches so I think he might of had a small bloody nose from stress. I felt bad but it has to get done so he wont be to thrilled tomorrow when hes gotta do it again lol. We gave him some wet food and hes better. LOL!

I been feeling exceptionally big recently. I cant slouch or else my ribs go into her space and she will kick them because she doesnt like things in her space still lol. Lots of pressure in my pelvic area. Dr seemed only concerned if theres major cramping and some spotting/bleeding. If not then all is okay and is normal pregnancy cramps. Apparently there are a lot of signs for pre term labor and they can usually see it coming with how far along we are so not to worry to much about it. Baby is measuring perfectly, in fact, she said shes measuring normal for her age (Again I believe I will be an early deliverer) because my whole family have small babies at birth haha. So if shes showing good sized and its this early, then I will probably deliver early, which is fine with me. Everytime she gets the hiccups I just wanna hold her. Haha! How are you two doing recently? Getting bigger!
DD born 10/16/15
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Postby babydust530 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi ladies, back from vacation!
Yay to day 1 of the third trimester!! :)
Can't believe how fast it's going now!

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:03 pm

Welcome back Babydust!! I'm not sure if you saw on the fb page, but I passed my glucose test! I'm so relieved!!

Becky, I've been feeling really big as well, and really starting to slow down a lot. I haven't worked for the last week and a half, but I'm trying to keep my stamina up, and not get into a habit if being lazy and napping everyday. But walking around for too long gets really uncomfortable, and sleeping kinda sucks too. Lol. Even standing for too long is uncomfortable. I wish I could sit down in the shower! Ughh it's going to get so much worse and we will be looking back on these days and wish we felt this good again!

Tomorrow I have to go babysit for another family, and I'm so stressed about it, because I don't really know what to expect. I hope it's not too strenuous for me. I'll be working for them a few days this coming week, and for another family on Monday. I've been so spoiled the past week and a half, that I'm seriously dreading having to work!

Oh today I went to get my boobies measured at motherhood, even though the women said it's too early for me to buy nursing bras, as I'll continue to grow for the next couple of months. But I figured why not get measured anyway. She told me I'm a D cup!! I couldn't freakin believe it! I've been a small B cup my whole life!!! even my mom was shocked and excited about it, and she shouted, "you're a D!!" And then I turned around and saw an old man in the store... How embarrassing!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby babydust530 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Congrats on passing and good luck with the next family. I bought nursing bras back at 12 weeks when my boobs no longer fit in my bra. I went from a 34DD to a 36E!! It's nuts!
Baby girl's furniture arrived yesterday and the nursery is officially set up! I don't plan on decorating the walls and stuff until October. It's so weird and exciting going into what used to be the guest room and seeing baby furniture.
I also think the invitations for my shower have been mailed because I noticed some items purchased; including the high chair, playpen, and all the bath stuff! So exciting!

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:47 am

Babydust, that's so exciting you got your furniture and you're starting to see stuff purchased from your registry!! I really need to get moving on my address list, so my invitations can go out.

Did you say your on the tww fb page now? I keep wondering who you are, but it's such a mystery! Lol

How's the belly growing!? Last picture I saw you were still so little. Some one called me little today, and it made me happy, but I believe she was saying the exact opposite of what she was thinking, just to make me feel better. Lol
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

Postby babydust530 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:16 pm

Yes I am- I'm Lita Ferr on Facebook. :)
My belly has def grown; I'll have to put up an updated pic.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TUA88481 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:57 pm

Haha, I knew it! So funny, I figured it out based on everything you've posted about recently. I'm glad to see you've been more active on there. I feel like it's been helpful to hear also from other moms who aren't first timers.
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
TUA88481
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext