If you are trying for a girl there is hope

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

If you are trying for a girl there is hope

Postby mamacoss » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:14 am

" you know you'll have another boy right? " is all I kept hearing. We were going for #4 and our last baby after 3 awesome little boys. Well we just did our gender reveal party Sunday and it was beautiful pink fireworks in the sky. I'm still in shock and it won't sink in. Lol. I can tell you this pregnancy has been totally different then it was with my boys. I had a subchorionic bleed at the beginning. I've had a ton of stomach issues can not eat salads which I love. I never have sinus issues and have had them this whole time. And can not eat a lot of things that normally I'd love to eat. Its all worth it though. So if you're going for a girl there is hope people. :)
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: If you are trying for a girl there is hope

Postby lbgoehefam » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:06 am

Lol I was in the exact situation except we have three girls and are now expecting our first little boy in a little over a month :) Congrats on your baby girl to be :)
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby azmomma » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:04 am

I have four boys and by the fourth I was pretty sure that it would be another boy. I gave up on a girl a long time ago.. but maybe just maybe. I feel bad for future boyfriends of a little girl who has 4 older brothers :)
azmomma

Postby mamacoss » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:56 am

Lbgoe did it take u awhile to believe it?

AZ I know there's part of me that actually feels bad she won't have a sister.
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lbgoehefam » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:29 pm

I'm still having a hard time believing it lol. I also feel kind of bad that he'll probably be the only boy, so maybe we'll have to try for another ;)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby OCT.4me » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:05 pm

This is my fifth and last pregnancy; I have four boys and we have been trying for a girl since baby number two. I have come to peace with the fact that my chances for a girl are so low and that this one is most likely a boy but I still have to say mamacoss...that this pregnancy too has been very different. I am sick all the time, and I too continue with congestion, extreme teeth and gum pain as well as a super sluggish digestive system. Ironically too this is my first pregnancy with a sub chronic hematomia and it is just about cleared up but I am still careful.

I truly hope I can share the same joy as you but if I can't, I already have my boys name...Isreal. God blessed me with a tribe! My husband has really wanted a girl and he keeps saying it is because I have never thrown up during a pregnancy, or gotten sick out of no where. I am 11 weeks so I will post to this when I find out what I am having.
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby mamacoss » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Oh oct. I hope it's a girl. They say mothers instinct is usually correct about 70% of the time. I had a feeling and with my other ones I knew they were boys from the start.

Ibgo god bless u if u have another. My body is shot this has by far been my hardest one.
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lbgoehefam » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:31 pm

Yeah it definitely gets harder with each pregnancy and that's not even taking into consideration the fact that there's more kids to take care of each time during pregnancy as well... my intuition was also right with all of mine, I knew that all my previous pregnancies were girls and I had a strong feeling pretty early on that this one was a little boy :)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby delightfuldoula » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:40 am

OCT.4me wrote:This is my fifth and last pregnancy; I have four boys and we have been trying for a girl since baby number two. I have come to peace with the fact that my chances for a girl are so low and that this one is most likely a boy but I still have to say mamacoss...that this pregnancy too has been very different. I am sick all the time, and I too continue with congestion, extreme teeth and gum pain as well as a super sluggish digestive system. Ironically too this is my first pregnancy with a sub chronic hematomia and it is just about cleared up but I am still careful.

I truly hope I can share the same joy as you but if I can't, I already have my boys name...Isreal. God blessed me with a tribe! My husband has really wanted a girl and he keeps saying it is because I have never thrown up during a pregnancy, or gotten sick out of no where. I am 11 weeks so I will post to this when I find out what I am having.

My sons name is Isreal :D
Image Image
DD July 2006
DS Sept 2007
DD Nov 2008
DD Jan 2010
DS NOV 2012
DD July 2014
DS DUE OCTOBER 2015
Angel baby Aug 9 2013 @9 weeks
Vasectomy Reversal Dec 19 2011
delightfuldoula
Angel
Angel

Postby OCT.4me » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:02 am

How did you choose a middle name, that's where I'm stuck. Chad likes Jacob and that was originally Isreal's name so I was thinking to put Jacob in it but seems like nothing goes smoothly with it.

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby delightfuldoula » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:55 pm

we have two middle names for him. Jacob is my brothers name, I think they go ok together. All our kids have two middle names, we just like to many names :D
Image Image
DD July 2006
DS Sept 2007
DD Nov 2008
DD Jan 2010
DS NOV 2012
DD July 2014
DS DUE OCTOBER 2015
Angel baby Aug 9 2013 @9 weeks
Vasectomy Reversal Dec 19 2011
delightfuldoula
Angel
Angel

Postby mamacoss » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:56 am

Did u guys think of using grandparents names as middle names ? I think that's what we might do.
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby OCT.4me » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:16 am

Yes; my first born has my father first name and husbands middle name, second born has my husbands grandpas name and brothers, third born has my grandfathers name and my fathers middle name, ran out of names for fourth so he has my uncles first name and husbands step dads first name.

I think it's awesome to honor family this way but i have heard from others that two middle names isn't ideal for the person writing it out. But for any signature it's only required to put the first middle down so not sure when they would have to spell it all out.

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby ladybugdaydreams » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:40 pm

I'm in a similar situation to a lot of you guys! We have 3 great boys (ages 11, 8, and 2 1/2), and just found out last week that we're expecting again. Really, really hoping for a girl this time around, but most likely team green. I went through a bit of disappointment last time around when we found out we were having a 3rd boy. I don't think I want to spend 4 months in a funk if it's not a girl in there. Once baby's born, everything's different. The joy of the baby discounts any disappointment in the gender.

As far as names (specifically middle names), we went with family names the first two times around (our firstborn has hubby's name as his middle, and our second has my maternal grandfather's name as his middle). With our third, we just picked a traditional name that we liked that went with the first name.

When I was pregnant with our third, and we had already chosen his name, hubby suggested another name "for next time" that's unisex. I've spent the last three years (LOL!) tossing around middle names in my head to go with it (just traditional names I like, not family names), so I'm pretty sure I have this little peanut's name picked out, regardless of gender. Unless hubby decides he doesn't like the name anymore when we get a bit closer.

DS 1 age 11
DS 2 age 8
DS 3 age 2 1/2
expecting #4 November 2015

ladybugdaydreams

Postby mamacoss » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:15 am

Ladybug best of luck to u. I wouldn't have to patients to wait. But I've heard finding out when the baby is born is amazing.
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Next

Return to First Trimester