Hi! Im back and scared!

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Hi! Im back and scared!

Postby jajumommy2015 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:25 pm

Ive been on this site since 2007. My name used to be jajumommy2000, but I forgot my password and yahoo kicked me out of my email address so I cant even get a new password!!!

Anyway, around 2009 I was unexpectedly pg and thrilled!!!I ended up blighted ovum at 5w6d.

I am now 3w6d and scared it will happen again. Im not as young as I used to be. Ive read, and been told, that while I may be able to get pg, m/c at my age is prevalent.

DH and I had to do IUI with donor sperm since he had a V 18 years ago and a reversal wouldn't have worked, at least not in our time frame. This was our 4th month and it worked!!! We are thrilled! I took tests yesterday and today. The first CBE digi yesterday morning showed not pregnant. Then I read frer is more sensitive so I took one of those last night. It was positive!! I also took a Walmart cheapie that was negative. But, I figured frer is more sensitive than a cheapie so all was good. had a few more tests so I took a frer this morning and while it was a BFP, it was fainter than last night. I also took another cheapie and it was a BFP!!! So, while frer was fainter, cheapie was BFP I figure Im good. Ive had heartburn and nausea off and on for a few days. Ive also had pinching in my uterus area. But, this afternoon I had dull cramps for about 3 hours. They seem to be gone, but I still worry. Doc sent me for hcg and progesterone levels today. Im low on P, so I am on supplements. She will re-do the levels next week. Not sure why not in a few days, but whatever. I can also call my regular OB tomorrow if my numbers are good to make an appt.

Im kind of hoping for twins! I had 2 HUGE (23 and 24) follicles at my scan before trigger, so hopefully both released an egg! So, I am cautiously optimistic. My DH wont let me tell anyone but my sister and best friend. I told people in 3 of my groups on FB, but they are OL friends, not RL. So, I still pin lots of stuff to a secret board. We are going back home this weekend and it will be torture not to tell my mom!!!!

Anyone else have fainter tests and still be fine?
Me (39) DH (43) DD(14) DS (19) SDS (23) SDD (21) SDS (19) SDD (18) Angel 2009
BFP 3/23/15 M/C 3/29/15
jajumommy2015
Friend

Re: Hi! Im back and scared!

Postby stickybean93 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:40 am

First, congrats! I managed to restrain myself and only used two tests this time around, a cheapie and a digital. The cheapie was a real squinter and that definitely had me worrying. But i worried over nothing as everything has been great this pregnancy! :)
stickybean93
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Hi! Im back and scared!

Postby jajumommy2015 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:11 am

Thanks my hcg was 31 at 13dpiui. Not as high as she wants, but she's not worried.

I am of course. I went and got more frer, line and digi, and they were both positive. The cbe weeks estimator was still not pregnant last night, but if levels double every 48-72 hours, it shouldnt show until tomorrow sometime. I have one left, so ill take it in the am. Im still cramping and had some heartburn, so its like mixed signals, lol.
Me (39) DH (43) DD(14) DS (19) SDS (23) SDD (21) SDS (19) SDD (18) Angel 2009
BFP 3/23/15 M/C 3/29/15
jajumommy2015
Friend

Return to First Trimester