Should I be sneaky ??

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Should I be sneaky ??

Postby Leslieerinb » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:57 am

I am about five weeks along, but not entirely sure due to the fact that this baby was a big surprise and I must have ovulated early. The only day we dd was cd7. I was not a fan of my previous OB. She delivered DD and it was ok, but I wanted more personalized experience so I decided to drive an hour away to this awesome, highly-recommended dr. The new doc won't do an appointment or ultrasound until 11 weeks. (They originally scheduled me at 10, but I couldn't get the day off at work.) I know my old doc would get me in sooner and check viability, hcg etc. I am especially curious because my last pregnancy ended in a blighted ovum. Do you think it would be terrible to act like I am seeing old doc, go in and get checked out and confirm everything around 7 weeks and then switch to new doc at my 11 week appointment? Can you think of a reason not to do this? I wonder if there would be any issues with insurance? Advice?
Leslieerinb
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Should I be sneaky ??

Postby Sumia » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:02 am

It could cause insurance issues. If you want probably a better idea would be around 7 weeks go to urgent care and complain of severe cramps. they will u/s you and run your blood tests and stuff. :) at least I thought of doing that when the wait was killing me but I waited till my 10 weeks
BFP: 3/8/17
DD born 10/16/15
6/28/17 It's a BOY! Image
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Should I be sneaky ??

Postby southernbelle » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:54 pm

I would just be honest with the new doctor and tell them your concerns and about your previous loss. If the new doctor is worth your time they'll take you seriously and get you that early scan and blood work.
BFP with #2 on 12/24/2015 :)

It's a BOY!! :babyb:

ImageImage
southernbelle

Return to First Trimester