Doctor Google..

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Doctor Google..

Postby teriteri » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:34 am

So ladies, i was bad and went on Google and typed in High HcG levels and now I'm totally freaked out. I go to the doctor today so that will ease my mind. But I was reading that high HcG can mean down syndrome. Now it can also mean, I'm further along than I think I am, or twins.

I know i shouldn't have Googled it, it never helps!

Any advice to calm this new momma?
Any one else do the terrible awful and Google symptoms?
teriteri
Friend

Re: Doctor Google..

Postby care327 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:08 pm

what is ur hcg level? and i do it ALL the time. we shouldnt be allowed lol n i have never heard of high levels leading to downs syndrome
TTC Since May 2012
BFP Feb 17, 2013
M/C March 11 2013 6w3d
BFP January 5 2015
CHEMICAL January 13 2015
BFP March 20 2015

BETA #1 140
BETA #2 363
BETA #3 740
HB SEEN AT 6W5D

Faith Marie born into our hearts on 6/24/15 at 16 weeks. RIP sweet angel

DH Vas. Rev. May 2012, discovered 0 sperm May 2014, surgery to redo the reversal Oct 2014.
I have PCOS, Hypothyroidism
care327
Angel
Angel

Postby Honey Bunny » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:51 pm

I agree ive never heard of high hcg being indicative of DS... what are your numbers by the way?

Try not to stress... My betas were pretty high also pretty early on. I of course also googled it, and only thing that it mentioned was a molar pregnancy, but try not to stress.. until you see your OB just try to relax. I know mine were around 25K or so around week 4/5 . And guess what even with that high # we didnt find baby until week 6+ and I was behind by 3 full days.. so everyone is different and numbers cant really tell you the full story. Once you get to see your OB they wont go by hcg anymore and will go by your LO's progression and measurement to asses where you are and how the pregnancy is progressing.. Good luck!
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Postby teriteri » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:19 am

Thanks ladies!

So i went to see the Doc on Friday, she just ordered a dating u/s and no blood work. The only reason I say that my HcG is really high because I got a line as dark as the control around 10dpo, which is normally early to get a positive at all let alone one so definite. The Doc did seem to worried about it though. I'm excited for the u/s and hopefully this one will stick. Im not having too many symptoms yet either, im extra hungry, tired and sore BBS but nothing too crazy! ..... yet.
teriteri
Friend

Return to First Trimester