Pain on Left Side Since Yesterday *Update*

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Pain on Left Side Since Yesterday *Update*

Postby Fairy Wings » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:43 am

I need some input on what to do right now. This is my first pregnancy so I'm definitely prone to paranoia and I don't want to overreact, but I've had moderate pain just inferior and medial to my left hip bone since yesterday morning. At times the pain is pretty uncomfortable but I wouldn't say severe. I have no bleeding. I called my OB and got a call back from the nurse who told me as long as there's no bleeding and it doesn't get worse not to worry, but today it is a little worse. I'm worried it might be an ectopic pregnancy because this is about the time that they present and the pain is different from all the other cramping I've experienced so far. Its more of a pinching and its been in the exact same spot the entire time. I am thinking about going to the ER but I don't want to go if this is just some hormonal overreaction. What do you ladies think? Should I go to the hospital or wait until Monday and call my OB again?

**So I went to the ER because the pain got worse and it turns out I have a cyst on my left ovary but the baby is fine! They detected a heart beat and I measured 7 weeks exactly. Woot! I'm so happy this turned out ok! ** :fingersx:
Me: Jenna

BFP 3/27/2015 - 1st pregnancy

7/06/2015 18 w 2 d (measuring 18 w 6 d!) :babyb: IT'S A BOY! :babyb:

Fairy Wings
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Pain on Left Side Since Yesterday *Update*

Postby Honey Bunny » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:21 am

Thank God! I am so glad all turned out well, the cyst was spotted and that baby is on track ! That's fantastic! You did the right thing with going to the ER. Sometimes when you get that gut feeling that something feels different it usually is best to get it checked out. Now with that being said enjoy your pregnancy!
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Postby Fairy Wings » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:01 am

Thanks Honey Bunny!

I feel like I can finally relax now that there's a heartbeat and he said there's nothing wrong! :pregnant:

Fairy Wings
Star Member
Star Member

Postby maya » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:23 am

hi fairy.... I too have same pain on my left side now I am 6 week pregnant.... is that your cyst is corpus luteum cyst ...
maya
Friend

Postby Fairy Wings » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:16 am

Yes it was probably a corpus luteum cyst. My OB's nurse said the US report says they didn't see anything on my left ovary but the ER doc said it was a cyst so maybe he just assumed it was a cyst because of my history and because he ruled out everything else? It felt just like the cysts I tend to get a few times a year around my period. Maybe it already ruptured at that point? I don't know. The ER doc was incredibly vague and it was like pulling teeth to get info out of him.

Fairy Wings
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Saraq » Sat May 02, 2015 11:13 am

I went to the ER for left sided pain too. Ultrasound show corpus luteum cyst along with another complex cyst on my left ovary. Everything with baby looks fine right now though. Still having pains from my cyst.
Kylie Marie born 5/20/11 at 37 weeks 7lb 2oz
Carter Blaid born 4/6/13 at 34 weeks 5lb 12oz

Baby number 3 due December 12, 2015!!!
Saraq
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Fairy Wings » Fri May 08, 2015 7:39 am

Sara, Its pretty scary when you first feel that level of pain but luckily it doesn't cause any harm to the baby. Hopefully yours will resolve soon!

Fairy Wings
Star Member
Star Member

Return to First Trimester