4w6d and mild low back pain

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

4w6d and mild low back pain

Postby NiecyDueinDec » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:22 pm

I am experiencing some low back pain and mild cramping today. No spotting. Read on google this could be due to the uterus stretching and expanding. My very first OB-GYN appt isnt until May 7th & at that point i'll be 7 weeks. My question is: Did any of you ladies get your hcg checked prior to going to OB, like at an urgent care? Sorry, it's my first pregnancy so still trying to figure the ins and outs. Thanks.

First month TTC
Date of conception 3/29
First faint positive on First Response 4/7 9dpo
First positive on Clear Blue Digital 4/9
Gained an Angel on 5/6 7w4 baby stopped growing at 5w5
D&C 5/12/15
NiecyDueinDec
Friend

Re: 4w6d and mild low back pain

Postby FrostedFuji » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:33 am

I've been having the same. Mild cramping when I change position, and occasional lower back pain. I've looked it up several times and everything I've read says it's completely normal at this point in a pregnancy, and that some of it will continue throughout the first trimester.

Several of the sources I read also say that you should get checked out if the cramping is intense, extremely painful, and/or accompanied by bleeding. So I'm trying to relax about it and just monitor the symptoms to see if it gets to a level that I think I need to be checked out.
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby Fairy Wings » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:15 am

Niecy,

I totally understand those first pregnancy jitters and there's no need to apologize for it. Its perfectly normal to be concerned whether or not something is normal and we have very little verification of anything in these early weeks so it can be nerve wrecking.

I have had cramping pretty much from the start. It has been mostly gas pains, poop cramps (sorry tmi), and some stretching of my uterus. I never got checked out out until yesterday because I had a different kind of pain that was so bad I had trouble walking around. I still didn't have bleeding but I went to the ER anyway because I'm at the stage where ectopic pregnancy can present. It turned out everything was ok (just a cyst on my ovary) but I'm still glad I went because I felt that those cramps were not normal and I at least wanted to rule out anything serious. If you get to that point I would definitely go before your appointment.

If its mild, not constant, and no bleeding, you're probably ok. Hang in there. I know the wait can be maddening! :hugs:
Me: Jenna

BFP 3/27/2015 - 1st pregnancy

7/06/2015 18 w 2 d (measuring 18 w 6 d!) :babyb: IT'S A BOY! :babyb:

Fairy Wings
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Andii24 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:25 am

I am 4wk6d as well. I have had back pain since 15 dpo.. omg it gets insane sometimes. I have mild cramps and my doc was telling me that its fine. My first u/s is 5/5/15
Andii24

Postby maya » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:52 pm

hi .... I too getting cramping pain on my lower.... I too in the same stage I am 5 week 2 days .... is it normal only na
maya
Friend

Postby NiecyDueinDec » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:55 pm

Thank you ladies for responding!! Yea im thinking it's just aches and pains associated with early pregnancy. Now im 5 weeks 1 day and getting crazy TMI diarrhea, so far no real nausea until I experienced it mildly this morning and the feeling of wanting to throw up just now. Ughh.. We were made for this ladies :) xo

First month TTC
Date of conception 3/29
First faint positive on First Response 4/7 9dpo
First positive on Clear Blue Digital 4/9
Gained an Angel on 5/6 7w4 baby stopped growing at 5w5
D&C 5/12/15
NiecyDueinDec
Friend

Return to First Trimester