Napping none stop! Anyone else?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Napping none stop! Anyone else?

Postby Artemis » Sat May 09, 2015 2:27 pm

I'm 6 weeks along. Wednesday I took not one, not two, but THREE naps, each about 2 hours long! I was so nauseated all day long that sleeping was the only relief I found. And again today the same thing, TWO naps to get rid of nausea, and I wake up feeling hungover. I hope this passes soon and doesn't last throughout the next 6 weeks!!

I never used to nap. Even if I was exhausted it was impossible. Who am I?!? Lol
Me: 27 DH: 26
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15
EDD: New Years Eve

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

Born 12/1/15 at 7:45pm.
5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
No NICU time. We are blessed!
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Napping none stop! Anyone else?

Postby Hope Sprung » Sun May 10, 2015 5:15 am

Omg yes!! And then you think there's no way you'll sleep at night but still no problem. Sleeping through the nausea isn't a bad thing though.. Less feeling sorry for myself. I can't wait for the second trimester energy burst people speak of! And to get rid of this 'hangover'. Happy napping!
Hope Sprung
Friend

Postby Artemis » Sun May 10, 2015 5:44 am

It's crazy!! I feel like such a bum. My house has been minimally cleaned, my poor bathroom look like s land mine exploded in there. Laundry? Yeah..it's washed & folded but not put away. And I have a stash of crackers in every corner of the house lol! I'm a hot first trimester mess!
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Danielle0614 » Mon May 11, 2015 11:36 am

I feel so lazy and beat all.the.time! And, it's only just beginning. I posted previously how embarrassed I was that I actually fell asleep at work, at my desk. This weekend, when I was pushing my 2 year old on his kiddie swing, I sat in the grass in front of him and periodically pushed him on the swing, when it started to slow. Fortunately, it was close to his nap time too so he didn't mind me not grabbing at his feet or belly and making funny noises. He was pretty content just enjoying the weather.

I could nap anytime, all the time, whenever I am sitting down. I've been making deals with my DH and older kids - bribing them to pick up additional chores, just so I don't have to. I even bribed my oldest to cook dinner one night. I was just plain exhausted from the day.
Me 41
DH 39
DS 18
DS 15
DS 2
:angel: MMC 4/2014 @ 10wks
:angel: CP 10/2014 (Clomid Cycle)
:angel: CP 12/2014 (Clomid Cycle)

It's a BOY!!!

Apr 30, BFP @ 8dpo (First cycle off Clomid)
BETA #1 (13 dpo) - HCG - 86 / Progesterone - 20.1
BETA #2 (15 dpo) - HCG - 178.
BETA #3 (17 dpo) - HCG - 464.4
5.21.2015 - :hb: 130 bpm - measuring 1 day ahead at 6wks 2 days.
6.18.2015 - :hb: 179 bpm

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Danielle0614
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby angelbaby801 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:40 pm

I am 6 weeks 3 days and I am just exhausted! It feels that I can never get enough sleep!! Are any of you ladies being a worry wort? I know I am, this is my second pregnancy but it's been over 11 years. I am just so worried that something is going to go wrong?!?! I also have noticed a bit of pink when wiping but it never stays. Goodness I really hope that I can stop worrying and just relax?! Any advice? My first appt is June 5th
Baby Dust to all :)
ME--32
DH--33
DD born 07-26-03
TTC #2
BFP- 05-01-15

angelbaby801
Friend

Postby Fairy Wings » Mon May 11, 2015 4:09 pm

Artemis, yes! Whenever I'm not in school I'm literally laying around munching on crackers and drinking ginger ale and daily naps have become the norm. I don't even set the alarm anymore because I know I need to sleep. And I go to bed super early every night now. I try to remind myself that its hard work growing a new human, but I still feel like a lazy bum sometimes lol. I'm used to being so much more active than this.

Angelbaby, I have been an anxious mess but it does get better. I'm not nearly as bad now as I was early on. After you see the little peanut on the ultrasound and you listen to the heartbeat, you will calm down quite a bit.
Me: Jenna

BFP 3/27/2015 - 1st pregnancy

7/06/2015 18 w 2 d (measuring 18 w 6 d!) :babyb: IT'S A BOY! :babyb:

Fairy Wings
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Artemis » Tue May 12, 2015 3:26 am

angelbaby801 wrote:I am 6 weeks 3 days and I am just exhausted! It feels that I can never get enough sleep!! Are any of you ladies being a worry wort? I know I am, this is my second pregnancy but it's been over 11 years. I am just so worried that something is going to go wrong?!?! I also have noticed a bit of pink when wiping but it never stays. Goodness I really hope that I can stop worrying and just relax?! Any advice? My first appt is June 5th

Yes I am somewhat of a worrier now that we are finally pregnant. The way I see it is that it's just the beginning of a lifetime of worrying. It doesn't just end as soon as the baby is born, it gets worse each year they grow older. That maternal instinct to protect & worry has already kicked in I believe and it's almost preparing us for what's to come. When any thought pops into my head I just simply accept it then let it go and replace it with something more cheery, like what our baby will look like when they are teenagers, or if they will be athletic or artistic, stuff like that helps!

My first appt is in 2 weeks! We already told friends & family and we live in a small town so you know how it goes, everyone knows lol. So hopefully everything is going well when we get checked at 8 weeks!
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15

5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Postby angelbaby801 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:47 am

Artemis and Fairy Wings, thanks for the reply :) :) Thanks for the reassurance, it has helped me to calm down!
Baby Dust to all :)
ME--32
DH--33
DD born 07-26-03
TTC #2
BFP- 05-01-15

angelbaby801
Friend

Return to First Trimester