Low initial HCG results

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Low initial HCG results

Postby witchmagpie » Wed May 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi all,

I just received a phone call this morning from my PCP's office that my blood test on 13DPO came back with an HCG of 10. I had been doing HPTs daily until 11DPO when I gave up, so I know I wasn't at a higher HCG prior to 10DPO. I did get my first BFP 14DPO, very faint, but clearly visible so it is at least up to 20. Today I am 15DPO and my HPT is still faint. I know I need to do a follow up HCG quantitative test to see if there is decent doubling, but I have to wait until my doctor is back in the office tomorrow so I can talk to her about scheduling it.

Do any of you know the rate at which low HCG pregnancies go on to become healthy, viable pregnancies? I'm sure a miscarriage is more likely, but I am grasping at straws.

Thanks,

Jenn
[list]
[*]me 41, DH 46
[*]PCOS, low progesterone, HSG/SHG done-blocked tubes opened
[*] male factor-low count, poor morphology
[*] 1st IVF cycle successful-singleton born 7/7/13
[*] 2nd IVF cycle failed-mc at 7 weeks 12/9/14
[*] Natural BFP 5/11/15 but very low HCG-waiting to see if numbers double of if chemical occurs
witchmagpie

Re: Low initial HCG results

Postby 3-liz » Thu May 14, 2015 2:49 am

I think it's not a matter of quantity but rather if the levels are doubling or not.
You can start low but if your HCGs double in 48hrs it's a good sign!
Me 31, Him 32 Both french living in Barcelona
TTC #1
BFP at cycle 3 @11dpo

Our little girl is here! Charlie is born on sept 1st 2015!
3-liz
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby enkb » Thu May 14, 2015 9:19 am

I was in the exact same position, total negative at 12 dpo, first faintest of faint positive at 14 dpo, 17 dpo still faint, but my midwife said it was all within the realm of normal and to stop testing and driving myself crazy. I had no spotting or serious cramping and am now6 weeks and doing well. Fingers crossed things go well for you!
enkb
Friend

Postby Sumia » Fri May 15, 2015 1:48 pm

You might of ovulated late. That can cause it to reflect low. You wont really know for sure until it doubles or drops unfortunately. My fingers are crossed for you that maybe it was just a late O!
BFP: 3/8/17
DD born 10/16/15
6/28/17 It's a BOY! Image
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Return to First Trimester