Small baby...low heartbeat

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Small baby...low heartbeat

Postby amypy78 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:43 am

I got my bfp after my first round of IUI. My HCG went up perfectly. My first ultrasound was at 6 weeks 2 days. No heartbeat was detected. I went back today which would make me 7 weeks and 4 days. The baby did have a heart rate. It was only 87. The doctor also said that it is measuring at 6 weeks and 2 days. I have another ultrasound on Wednesday. I am so upset and I have no idea if this can be a viable pregnancy. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
amypy78

Re: Small baby...low heartbeat

Postby Fairy Wings » Sat May 30, 2015 10:47 am

I have not had this happen but I just wanted to reply for support. Is it possible your dates are wrong? Its really good that there is a heartbeat and that your hcg levels are doubling. The heart rate is low compared to the average heart rate but when the heart first starts beating its very slow so its possible its just really early. I know how worried you must be and I doubt there's much I can say to ease that worry, but just know you're not alone in this. I will be stalking this thread until Wednesday. Hang in there. :hugs:

Also here is an older thread I found on another site:

http://forums.thebump.com/discussion/4636925/low-fetal-heart-rate-at-6-week-ultrasound
Me: Jenna

BFP 3/27/2015 - 1st pregnancy

7/06/2015 18 w 2 d (measuring 18 w 6 d!) :babyb: IT'S A BOY! :babyb:

Fairy Wings
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Small baby...low heartbeat

Postby Fairy Wings » Sat May 30, 2015 10:53 am

Also is your heart rate naturally low? I have heard that the initial heart rate can reflect the mother's heart rate. Its ok if its not. Its not a bad thing. Again, the bottom line is that its really slow anyway when the heart first starts to beat and different pregnancies progress at different rates.
Me: Jenna

BFP 3/27/2015 - 1st pregnancy

7/06/2015 18 w 2 d (measuring 18 w 6 d!) :babyb: IT'S A BOY! :babyb:

Fairy Wings
Star Member
Star Member

Return to First Trimester