How to keep nerves down

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

How to keep nerves down

Postby aboulanger » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:11 am

It's my first pregnancy and it was a loooooong time trying.

I am so nervous about something going wrong I have a nervous stomach.

How do I calm down????? I'd hate to cause something bad.
#2 due 8/2017

DS- Colin Born 2/2016

aboulanger
Star Member
Star Member

Re: How to keep nerves down

Postby justxher » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:57 am

Don't worry, stress won't cause a miscarriage so you can't cause anything bad to happen!

I was quite nervous too, still am sometimes, it's certainly a normal part of pregnancy, For me it got better and better after every hpt and every ultrasound and every time I heard the heartbeat. Small milestones throughout the pregnancy really help I think.
Me: 27
DH: 29
DS1: :angel: Baby Jase born 06/30/15, premature at 18w2d

DS2: June 25 2016
justxher
Angel
Angel

Postby aboulanger » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:08 am

Thank you! I'm trying really hard to even BELIEVE it's real let alone trying to not think about something making it go away. It's early (4 weeks and a few days) and I keep thinking I'm going to go to the bathroom and see blood........

Thanks for your response- it helps reading it. I'm a really rational person I like to think but with this, I'm apparently not!
#2 due 8/2017

DS- Colin Born 2/2016

aboulanger
Star Member
Star Member

Postby justxher » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:27 am

Will you be getting an early scan? I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and it was very reassuring to see the heartbeat, it really helped it feel more real.

And try not to read any horror stories online either! There's some scary stuff out on there on the internet that will convince you your pregnancy is doomed. But I am sure your little bean will be just fine! And pregnancy can turn even the most rational person into a basketcase sometimes so feel free to vent as much as you want on this board, that's what we're here for.

justxher
Angel
Angel

Postby aboulanger » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:30 am

Haha! I will take that advice to heart. I'm not going to search for anything that will bring up horror stories. I'll stick with educating myself only and of course coming here for the personal questions that I'm sure will come up that are best getting answers from those who have and are experiencing it as well!

Really sound advice. Thanks so much, you've made me feel so much better!!!!!!!
#2 due 8/2017

DS- Colin Born 2/2016

aboulanger
Star Member
Star Member

Postby justxher » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:32 am

Glad I could help :) H&H 9 months!

justxher
Angel
Angel

Postby Fairy Wings » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:42 am

Congrats aboulanger! The early weeks are definitely the hardest to keep calm. There are so many unknowns and what ifs and when its your first you have no idea what's normal. I was a nervous wreck as well. Like Justxher said, it gets better when you get past those milestones. You may still feel nervous at times but it gets much easier. And yes, stay off google. You will learn from other ladies on this forum and from experience as your pregnancy progresses that so many things that freaked you out at first are perfectly normal in pregnancy. Take it a day at a time and just try to enjoy being pregnant. Also, as the baby starts to grow you will be too tired to worry as much lol. Hang in there and don't hesitate to post on these forums to ask if something is normal. No matter how silly you might feel asking, I promise no one here will judge. We've all been there.
Me: Jenna

BFP 3/27/2015 - 1st pregnancy

7/06/2015 18 w 2 d (measuring 18 w 6 d!) :babyb: IT'S A BOY! :babyb:

Fairy Wings
Star Member
Star Member

Postby aboulanger » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:40 am

Fairy Wings wrote:Congrats aboulanger! The early weeks are definitely the hardest to keep calm. There are so many unknowns and what ifs and when its your first you have no idea what's normal. I was a nervous wreck as well. Like Justxher said, it gets better when you get past those milestones. You may still feel nervous at times but it gets much easier. And yes, stay off google. You will learn from other ladies on this forum and from experience as your pregnancy progresses that so many things that freaked you out at first are perfectly normal in pregnancy. Take it a day at a time and just try to enjoy being pregnant. Also, as the baby starts to grow you will be too tired to worry as much lol. Hang in there and don't hesitate to post on these forums to ask if something is normal. No matter how silly you might feel asking, I promise no one here will judge. We've all been there.

Thank you for this- I am growing calmer each day. Still have worries and can't wait for that first appointment for someone to be able to look and tell me "I see it and it's progressing just fine". When I hear that- and I know it's in the right place and the right size, etc., I will sigh the biggest sigh of relief that you will all hear it!

I just want to hold my little baby in 8 months :) kiss him or her... Rock then... I can't wait. It's been a long time coming. It's hard to just accept things are ok and it WILL be happening for me after all I've read and learned.... Ignorance is bliss........ Wish I still had my ignorance on this topic haha!
#2 due 8/2017

DS- Colin Born 2/2016

aboulanger
Star Member
Star Member

Return to First Trimester