8 weeks No Symptoms...how to cope!!!

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

8 weeks No Symptoms...how to cope!!!

Postby Chrissy1226 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:11 am

After 2 years of TTC I finally got my BFP...I had a early U/S at 6 weeks and 3 days due to some mild cramping and seen the little peanut and a hb of 123bpm....I am currently 8 weeks today and I just don't feel pregnant....I've never had anything except for an excessive appetite and tender to the touch boobs but nothing other than that...now my boobs don't hurt...Im still hungry but that's it...I went to the ER 2 days ago bc I was worried and they said that my HCG levels are fine and that my cervix was closed and that everything looked normal but I keep reading that women go back for their 12 week U/S and their babies have stopped growing and I'm freaking out bc I don't go back to my OBGYN for another 4 weeks for my 12 weeks check up....any one else experiencing this or have anything to help put me at ease!!!!!
Chrissy1226

Re: 8 weeks No Symptoms...how to cope!!!

Postby FrostedFuji » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:12 am

Once you have seen a heartbeat, if you are having no symptoms of a miscarriage, the chances of something going wrong are extremely slim - like, in the fraction of a percent range. I know it's not terribly comforting, but sometimes rationalizing these things can help. While many, many women have symptoms, many women also just don't.

Also keep in mind that negative stories are always more prevalent than positive ones. Women who do experience a loss/failure to thrive/miscarriage are more likely to go posting on the internet for help and support than women in similar situations where everything turns out just fine.

I was also incredibly paranoid early on (and even now, to an extent) because while I did have symptoms, they would come and go. I'd have full-blown nausea one day, and be totally okay the next - and sudden loss of symptoms is a sign of miscarriage. One thing that I really found helped was being very strict about what websites I let myself visit for information. The American Pregnancy Association has a lot of good, balanced information, as does the U.K.'s Baby Centre; but some sites like Baby Center tend to be a lot more negative or alarmist and can make it harder to look for the positive stories.

Best wishes to you, I'll send positive thoughts and prayers your way for some good news :) I'm sure everything is just fine, but it is absolutely understandable and normal to be worried at this point. As frustrating as it is, you are right where many of us were at this point, and it is entirely natural.
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby queenypink » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:51 am

I'm 14 weeks now, and for the most part, I'm still symptom free.

I've never had morning sickness - never even gagged at food. No aversions, no cravings, no sore boobs... but baby is in there with a strong healthy heart :)

Pregnancy affects everyone differently. You are one of the lucky ones - but trust me when I say, I understand symptom free can almost be more stressful wondering if anything is actually going on in there!

I do have some symptoms - appetite, fatigue, and yucky sinuses... but not the typical ones that you hear about.
TTC for 3 Years: Cervical cancer SURVIVOR! Scar tissue, sucky FSH level (12) & AMH w/in the normal to low range. DH is on the lowish side. Official Dx - Unexplained. 5 BFN unmedicated IUI's. Next step - IVF.

BFP at 8dp5dt on April 12th!!!
Beta 10dp5dt April 14th - 179
Beta #2 12dp5dt April 16th - 519
Beta #3 16dp5dt April 20th - 2698
Beta #4 20dp5dt April 24th - 8337
Embaby and heart beat seen at 6W2D on April 29th

queenypink

Postby Tina03 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:51 pm

I'm only 6 weeks but I can relate to this. I only had a few days in the beginning with some more symptoms like heartburn and a queasy stomach. Now I feel almost normal, occasionally fatigue hits me bad and I have mild sore breasts. That's about it for obvious symptoms. I just call myself lucky for not feeling terrible, but of course you wonder if the baby is OK in there as it's hard to believe you're pregnant with almost no symptoms. For some reason my intuition tells me all is fine and as long I don't have miss carriage symptoms I stay relaxed and let things go the way it should. It took us almost 3 years to get to this point but I know I can't do much about it, what will be will be. I try to stay positive and each day without any problems makes me more confident, I just take it all step by step.
2012 - Diagnosed with endometriosis stage II by laparoscopy
2015 Aug 4 - MC identical twins @ 7 weeks, 2016 Oct 10 - MC @ 5-6 weeks

2016 Dec 30 - BFP @ 9 dpo > EDD Sept 13, 2017 BOY

Tina03
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Artemis » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:11 am

Don't worry about not feeling any symptoms! Some women breeze through pregnancy, others are miserable the entire time. What's normal for one person might not be for another, we're all unique & so are our pregnancies :)

For me, I was very symptomatic weeks 5-8 then nothing! I'm not 13 weeks and only have a day here and there where i feel a little off but for the most part, I would forget I was preggo if it weren't for the growing pains and little bump!!

Enjoy the symptom free time!! You never know when you'll wake up feeling like poo :)
Me: 27 DH: 26
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15
EDD: New Years Eve

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

Born 12/1/15 at 7:45pm.
5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
No NICU time. We are blessed!
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jeepgirl88 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:17 am

I'm also 8 weeks and can relate to you COMPLETELY, I feel I could have written this post! We also had an early u/s at 6.5 weeks and saw the heartbeat, but I just haven't felt pregnant AT ALL. Other than frequent urination (which is typical for me anyways, it's just heightened now) and fatigue (which is mostly because of having to get up so many times at night to pee) the ONLY thing is that my boobs feel a little heavier. And it was DH that noticed that, not me. Other than that, NOTHING out of the ordinary is happening. Like you, it has made me very anxious and worried that something isn't right, especially because I don't get another u/s until 20 weeks! I only had slight spotting once or twice early on and no cramping, but I was worried for awhile that I'd have a missed miscarriage where I wouldn't even know the baby stopped growing until a later u/s.

Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot we can do but wait, but as FrostedF said, the chances of something going wrong now are actually VERY slim. I did way too much reading online and worried myself sick, but then I reminded myself about all of the ladies having healthy pregnancies that aren't posting online about them, because everything's going well. While there is still like a 3% chance of miscarriage at this point, that means we have a 97% chance of having a successful pregnancy! :)

Try to hang in there, we're going to make it through this!
Me: 28
DH: 32
Married 11/09/2013
DD Born 02/04/2016

jeepgirl88
Star Member
Star Member

Postby same_true_taurus » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:14 pm

This thread is exactly what's happening right now. I'm 8 weeks and impatiently waiting for my first ultrasound on October 21st. My symptoms up until 7 weeks were pretty mild. Very sore breasts, food a versions, nausea, constipation, and vomiting a few times. And bloating. But now the breast soreness has decreased, I'm eating better, and the nausea mostly passed.
My first pregnancy was very similar. I didn't even think I was pregnant until I missed my second period. I skipped periods on a regular basis.
After Wednesday I'll update either way, good or bad.
Me (Joan): 34
DH: 34
DS1: age 11yrs (unplanned but wonderful surprise)
DS2: age 19 months (after ttc for 2 years)
Now expecting baby #3....surprise!
EDD is May 16th, 2016
same_true_taurus
Star Member
Star Member

Postby FrostedFuji » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:55 pm

Best wishes to you, Taurus!

Our first baby!

FrostedFuji

Postby same_true_taurus » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:26 am

Everything was fine at my appointment yesterday. I'm actually showing as 10 weeks, so my symptoms faded at 8 weeks. Same as original poster. It was a very scary feeling and I also had pink spotting for a few days. But baby looks perfectly fine and I still feel pretty normal.
EDD is May 16th, 2016
same_true_taurus
Star Member
Star Member

Postby FrostedFuji » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:49 am

That's wonderful Taurus, congratulations :)

Our first baby!

FrostedFuji

Postby same_true_taurus » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:37 am

FrostedFuji wrote:That's wonderful Taurus, congratulations :)

Thank you Fuji for your kind words and support
:-)
EDD is May 16th, 2016
same_true_taurus
Star Member
Star Member

Return to First Trimester