Anyone have implantation bleed and BFP on the same day???

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Anyone have implantation bleed and BFP on the same day???

Postby ellefsenmc » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:36 am

I had my very first faint test at 7DPO but just thought it was an evap as it was too early. Then on 10DPO, i got a BFP on first response. That afternoon, i had a pink watery bleed when i wiped.

I thought you could only get a BFP 48 hours+ after implantation
ellefsenmc

Re: Anyone have implantation bleed and BFP on the same day??

Postby FrostedFuji » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:02 am

Yes, implantation must occur some time before a positive pregnancy test, because your body will not produce hcg to trigger the test until implantation has happened.

It is very possible the blood you saw was not related at all to the pregnancy. I recently had a cervical polyp removed that had been bleeding and causing a ton of anxiety. Your cervix itself can also sometimes bleed a little, especially if you and your partner DTD recently.

Another possible, though uncommon, explanation is you released 2 eggs, both got fertilized, and the second one just implanted. Unlikely, but certainly not unheard of :)

If you're concerned, especially if you have further bleeding, it can't hurt to call your GP or OB, tell them what happened, and see what they say. They may choose to do a pregnancy test for you, either urine or blood, to help figure out what's going on.
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby Glassy1 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:00 pm

I started spotting on a Friday, and continued to spot until the following Friday. I got my BFP on the Monday in between! I have no idea if mine was implantation bleeding since it lasted a full week, but it's possible to get a BFP with some spotting, that's for sure.
Glassy1
Friend

Postby Mantis » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:08 am

I got a bfp Friday . Started spotting Sunday . Confirmed betas today . Still spotting ... I don't know if my pregnancy is viable either .
Me: 31 (tests ongoing.. so far normal fertility)
DH:33 (male factor fertility: 20% motility)
Married 23/03/2013
TTC #1 since 1/2015
M/C @7w3d
Cycle 29 days. LP: 10 days
Supplements: Vitex, B6, Vit D, Prenatal Multi-Vit (Me), Menevit (DH)

Mantis
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:40 pm

I spotted 2 days after my first BFP, brownish to brick red, just for a day. Then with this one it was pinkish mixed with lots of creamy cm for a full 2 weeks. It started I think a week after my bfp, I cramped the whole time too. My baby boy is doing great in there!

Mantis I have been keeping you in my thoughts hon - :sticky:
Me (Lindsey) - 38
DH/love of my life - 44

"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

Fiona Jayne born 12/21/2015 - our solstice baby! 7lb 5.5oz 19.75"

It's a BOY! EDD Feb 16, 2017
Repeat c-section scheduled, Ciaran Reeves will arrive Feb 13, 2017!

HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to First Trimester