Question about 1st appointment?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Question about 1st appointment?

Postby corty12 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:25 am

Even though this is my 2nd lo I'm finding it hard to remember what happened at the 1st appointment because things with my 1st were so hectic in the beginning. Had a little bit of bleeding and such. So they say I will be 8 weeks at my appointment I am doubtful I'm that far a long but hey what do I know. So do you hear the heartbeat ? Do you have an ultrasound? I want so badly to call and ask but quite frankly I'm afraid to sound dumb. I know everyone is different but I figured I'd just to get a rough idea of what goes on. Thanks ladies!

corty12
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: Question about 1st appointment?

Postby 90Kat » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:41 am

I was given an ultra sound, we listened to the heart beat, she gave me a pelvic exam to feel the size of my uterus and we went over the basic do's and don'ts and any medical problems before pregnancy or in prior pregnancies. I'm sure all offices are different though. I had a very strong heart beat and fetal picture, but I know it can be hard to spot at only 8 weeks. Good luck and enjoy!
90Kat
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Question about 1st appointment?

Postby corty12 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:37 pm

Thanks! I hope that they do a ultrasound but I'm doubtful. I know with my son I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and heard the heart beat. But I had a possible problem plus I had a different dr. My old Dr just wasn't in as often as needed so I switched. I really like her just not sure what to expect. I thought they said it was just an appointment with the nurse. So frustrating the unknown!

corty12
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to First Trimester