Fluttering/racing heart

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Fluttering/racing heart

Postby aboulanger » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:11 am

Anyone have what I can only describe as a fast and/or fluttering heart rate? It comes and goes (maybe once a day or so) when I'm laying down. It makes me feel yucky. Doesn't last too long.

Wasn't sure if it's a pregnancy thing (since it only started then) or if it's something I should see a doctor about?
#2 due 8/2017

DS- Colin Born 2/2016

aboulanger
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Fluttering/racing heart

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:43 pm

You are not alone! I got it from very early on and still get it on occasion. Makes you feel sort of lightheaded and out of it for a second! Midwife said it was normal and as long as it didn't last long it was fine. If it makes you faint or if your blood pressure goes way up, then call your doc...but otherwise you are moving 50% more blood volume plus all those hormones, it's a part of the deal! :)
Me (Lindsey) - 38
DH/love of my life - 44

"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

Fiona Jayne born 12/21/2015 - our solstice baby! 7lb 5.5oz 19.75"

It's a BOY! EDD Feb 16, 2017
Repeat c-section scheduled, Ciaran Reeves will arrive Feb 13, 2017!

HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby FrostedFuji » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:53 pm

I've felt the same thing, you're definitely not alone :) Like Lindsey said, as long as it's not long-lasting and you feel generally okay it shouldn't be anything to worry about. Don't forget that a little lightheadedness is totally normal, but if you experience that it shouldn't *only* coincide with the fluttering feeling.
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby aboulanger » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Thanks to both of you!!! That makes me feel so much better! Phew!

I was thinking "Man! I better not have a problem just at the time I get pregnant!" haha!
#2 due 8/2017

DS- Colin Born 2/2016

aboulanger
Star Member
Star Member

Return to First Trimester