Just has sex and I'm so scared :-(

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Just has sex and I'm so scared :-(

Postby Duke27 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:23 am

Sorry if this is to much information everyone but me and my oh just had sex and he got a bit carried away. I'm so scared as it was quite rough... Cringe face! I'm only 5+5 weeks and I'm so scared that we could have harmed our baby. I know people say sex is ok but I'm just so scared :-( especially this early on. Any help much appreciated ladies x
Duke27
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Just has sex and I'm so scared :-(

Postby Duke27 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:31 am

Ok I've checked and now I'm really swollen down below!!! :-( it was the first time we had sex since we conceived
Duke27
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Artemis » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:37 am

Take a deep breath. Everything is now completely engorged with extra blood flow, especially the lady box! It's normal to feel extra sensitive and swollen afterward from this. Some women even spot a bit after sex because the cervix is soooo sensitive with extra blood flow. So if you do spot, don't worry too much but keep an eye on it if it changes into an active bleed phone your doc. You can still have sex through out, but talk to your OH about being a bit more gentle. My hubs and I still have regular sex a few times a week and from day one I've told him to take it easy, and he happily obliges! It's a bit more intimate and special now that we take our time, and I don't ever feel any discomfort because of it. So tell him to give your vajay a break lol :)
Me: 27 DH: 26
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15
EDD: New Years Eve

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

Born 12/1/15 at 7:45pm.
5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
No NICU time. We are blessed!
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Duke27 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:40 am

Haha thanks :-) just feel so sore now and it's all so big and swollen sorry if tmi! :-( do you think we could have done any harm? Is it normal for it to be swollen and dry? If it's going to be like this Everytime I think I'll stop having sex!!! Haha
Duke27
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Artemis » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:51 am

Haha no it's not tmi at all!! Try using some lubricant if it's really uncomfortable to you. I'm the opposite, I had cm galore, and it's still pouring out of me at 16 weeks lol! You're so early still, your cm production will kick in soon and maybe make things less irritating for you. As for baby, no harm done! He/she is nice and snuggled in and no where near the action ;)

Oh I wanted to add that pregnancy can caus yeast infections because of the pH balance getting outta sack from hormones, so you if continues to be swollen and irritated or you notice the classic yeast infection discharge then phone the doc so you can go back to feeling good!
Me: 27 DH: 26
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15
EDD: New Years Eve

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

Born 12/1/15 at 7:45pm.
5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
No NICU time. We are blessed!
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Postby FrostedFuji » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:03 am

If having sex could have done harm to the baby at this point, more women would be losing their pregnancies to it. If you having sex "causes" you to miscarry, I would assume that there are other problems with the pregnancy that are the real cause, and the sex only triggered it or (more likely) was just a coincidence. But I highly doubt you're at any risk whatsoever :)

As far as swollen and dry, for me I find that is more related to the length of the intercourse and how rough it got, as well as how well hydrated I am. It is possible it's a side effect of your pregnancy, since everyone's hormones react differently, but in general a lot of us have found that pregnant sex is even better than when we were not pregnant. If you find it's happening to you a lot, a good lubricant will really help.
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby Duke27 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:51 am

Thank you ladies xx
Duke27
StickyDuster
StickyDuster