Is my baby's size normal?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Is my baby's size normal?

Postby Duke27 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:59 am

Hi everyone,

I had an ultrasound on Wednesday according to my lmp I would be about 8+1 weeks. I looked at the measurement on the scan photo and it said 24mm is that a good size for the baby at this stage? I had a scan the week before when I would have been 7+3 and baby measured 13.8mm. Does this all seem ok? They wanted to scan me last week again as I had some more spotting which was really worrying but heartbeat waa strong. So grew 10.2mm in 5 days does this all sound normal? Thanks in advance ladies.
Duke27
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Is my baby's size normal?

Postby EnglishRose » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:12 am

Hi I hope you are well and things are getting sorted with your other half now..unless the ultrasound tech mentioned anything during the scan the you have nothing to worry about. during the first trimester the growth rate can vary so much from one baby to another but all seems good from what I can see. Also I don't know if this would help but I had spotting in the first trimester of my pregnancy and so had multiple scans but as you can see im 37 weeks tomorrow so all is well and little one is perfect :-) if you have any other questions or want to talk about your situation (I have been there in a past relationship) just let me know. Hope all is well :-)
Me: (Hannah) 25
DP: 25

BFP 26/12/14

Baseline HR 130 BPM <3

Team Green

EnglishRose
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Donella1987 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:56 am

i had a scan on wednesday and the baby measured 17mm, they put me at 8w2d at that point, so i think you must be having a giant lol!
i think they have an estimated length which is attached to a week progress chart that they work from xx
Me - Donella 30 Portsmouth, UK overweight, pcos and high testosterone
DH - Russell 34 fit healthy avid body builder (polar opposite of me)
together 12 years, married for 9

David Scott Ogilvie-Lees born 25/03/2016

:BFP: 12/09/2017

Donella1987
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby m.sunshine » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:02 pm

I had my first ultrasound last monday! My baby measured at 11.26mm (7w 2d) vs the 7w 6 days from when I ovulated. they said I was right an track with 7 weeks! I imagine that your numbers are good! :)
m.sunshine
Friend

Return to First Trimester