Antibiotics and paracetamol at 9 weeks

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Antibiotics and paracetamol at 9 weeks

Postby Duke27 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:55 am

Hi ladies so I'm 9 weeks pregnant and I've got another uti so have been prescribed 500mg 3x daily for 5 days and Ive got such a bad migraine so took two paracetamol also for a slight temperature is this ok at 9 weeks. The doctor said the antibiotic are ok but now I'm panicking about the paracetamol and the fact that I'm only 9 weeks. Also is it ok to take your pre natal vitamins along with antibiotics? Thanks ladies
Duke27
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Antibiotics and paracetamol at 9 weeks

Postby FrostedFuji » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:45 pm

The antibiotics are fine, and certainly less dangerous for your baby than the UTI, which if untreated by antibiotics can spread to your kidneys and cause problems like sending you into labor prematurely.

The paracetamol (acetaminophen) is the only painkiller that's pregnancy approved, and much like the antibiotics & UTI, it's better for your baby than having a fever which can be damaging to the pregnancy.

If it wasn't safe to take your antibiotics with your prenatal vitamins, your doctor would have told you.
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Return to First Trimester