Any other pregnant teachers out there?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Any other pregnant teachers out there?

Postby Mrsgreen13 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:17 am

Hey I am a kindergarten teacher who is just starting her pregnancy. My DH and I had a miscarriage with our first pregnancy on Mother's Day this past May so we are elated to be getting back in the game this quickly. It was heartbreaking, but I just believed that God was telling me I was meant to be a mother. Anyway, I just wanted to start this thread for other teachers to share the special difficulties and joys of being pregnant and teaching... Like no time to pee EVER! I'd love to hear from you ladies!
Mrsgreen13
Friend

Re: Any other pregnant teachers out there?

Postby PolkaDot_24 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:49 pm

I am! I teach grade 1 and go back to work on Monday. I'm really worried about not being able to pee and if I get bad m/s. I can't just leave the classroom to run to the bathroom if I feel the need to throw up and that's really worrisome.

PolkaDot_24
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby teenytiny9 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:51 pm

I am a teacher as well. We go back to school in 1.5 week's time. I am super nervous about it because I have M/S
and as we know, the day starts early, so not sure how this is going to work out at all.

Good idea on the thread!
teenytiny9
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Mrsgreen13 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:03 pm

Yes! So glad to have found some ladies! Mostly right now I just need to pee all the time and I have this one kid, you both know the one, that would be a total disaster if I had to ask another teacher to watch my room while I went to the bathroom. He was absent and it was so peaceful today! Hopefully I don't get terrible morning sickness! But I already started reading Judy B Jones Monkey Business to them. It's the one where the mom is pregnant. I won't be telling them for quite a while but hopefully I can tie it back later and it will help them understand.
Mrsgreen13
Friend

Postby Leslieerinb » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:31 pm

I'm here too!!! Starting up the school year this week and thinking I will have to divulge my secret soon, as I'm
Starting to show. I'm almost ten weeks and this is my 4th pregnancy (I have two year old dd and had two miscarriages in the last year.)
Leslieerinb
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Mrsgreen13 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:00 am

I already told my kindergarten coworkers already. I know it's early but with the last pregnancy when we lost the baby it was so nice to have a support system. Plus it meant I didn't have to suffer at work with nobody understanding why. Has anybody else told people yet?
Mrsgreen13
Friend

Postby teenytiny9 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:31 am

Hey,

I go back tomorrow & I'm anxious about coping also. I teach 7-8 year olds. I have a bloated bump forming so people who know me will tell or assume I pigged out all summer holidays. However, I intend to tell senior staff in a few weeks & my close friends who are colleagues know. I found having that support system really useful when I was pregnant but m.c last year.
Good luck!
teenytiny9
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Mrsgreen13 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:52 am

I agree about the support system. Since we had a mc not too long ago, he didn't want to tell anybody yet, but that group of women at work really helped me get through it. We are 10 days away from when I mc'd in my last pregnancy at 7w1d. I'm praying I can make it past then with no bleeding.
Mrsgreen13
Friend

Postby WK_78 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:26 am

Hi!

A teacher here, too! I don't live in the States, and I teach English as a second language to teenagers (junior high school). No M/S yet since this is very early days still, but I'm not looking forward to that. I've actually told a couple of my coworkers because I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I (hopefully) won't be working the whole school year. And I think it might be nicer to have someone understand what may be causing changes to how I operate at work - you know, not making coffee, peeing all the time, etc.

FX for a sticky bean for everyone!
We're 36&37. This will be our 1st baby.
EDD: May 13th/14th. It's a BOY!
WK_78

Return to First Trimester