Was that morning sickness??

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Was that morning sickness??

Postby TrebleLily » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:48 am

I'm just at the 5 week mark either today or tomorrow. I've been feeling really good so far, no morning sickness or anything much really. But this morning something strange happened and I'm not sure if it's just the beginning of morning sickness for me or if it was something else.

(Might be TMI beyond is point!)

My fiancé decided to wake me up with sex (a favorite for us :wink: ) but right away it just didn't feel good. I got a cramp across my uterus. I thought maybe just going pee would help (sometimes full bladder + sex leads to a similar uncomfortable feeling). But when I got up to go to the bathroom I all of a sudden felt really light headed, dizzy, and broke out in a cold sweat. Stomach was doing flips, but didn't vomit or gag. Got to the toilet and when sitting on it sort of fainted (went limp slouched against the wall and out of it for a bit, not sure how long). When I came to again I was still in a cold sweat and cramping feeling still there. Stumbled to the couch and lay down with feet elevated above my chest (doctor told me this is the trick to get rid of morning sickness quickly). Within a minute the cold sweat cleared and I wrapped myself in a blanket and in another few minutes the cramps subsided and I felt fine again. Well, not 100%, but maybe 90%back to normal. Tummy is still slightly off.

So, was this morning sickness?? Something else? Does it seem bad? Normal? I'm so worried now... Ugh.
Me:31 DH: 46
DS: May 9,2016
Excited to be joining the 2 under 2 club!! Due Date November 1st

TrebleLily

Re: Was that morning sickness??

Postby Artemis » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:22 am

Sounds very much like my "morning sickness"!

From 5 weeks until around 9 weeks I felt similar. Slightly nauseated, no appetite, weak, dizzy, faint, foggy..basically like a bad hangover but I only puked once and this was from brushing my teeth to quickly one morning and I gagged myself! I also had cramps that felt like AF quite a bit and it's just your uterus stretching, totally normal! Warning: you might get them after sex/orgasms as well (I did for a while until after 10ish weeks), try not to worry, it's normal too! Most days I was so dizzy I couldn't get up off the couch, and the every so often I'd have a "good day" and that's when I would try to get all my errands and cleaning done. So when you get those days, hopefully you do, take advantage of them!

Some tips: peppermint oil helps with nausea & foggy head. It perks you up a bit. Also sniffing anything citrusy especially lemons helped with the fatigue & fogginess as well! Stay as hydrated as to possibly can, and when you get a dizzy spell place a cold wash cloth/compress on your forehead/neck and prop your feet up! My doctor said it was caused by increased blood volume and dilated blood vessels causing your BP to plummet. If you get that clammy shaky feeling with the dizzy spell it's probably related to low blood sugar so keep some juice near by when it happens! Sometimes eating a banana in bed before I got up for the day made a big difference!

Hope you have a great first tri momma!!
Me: 27 DH: 26
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15
EDD: New Years Eve

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

Born 12/1/15 at 7:45pm.
5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
No NICU time. We are blessed!
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Postby TrebleLily » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:02 pm

Thanks so much for the reply Artemis! Good to know that my symptoms seem similar to what you experienced. Because I'm still so early in the pregnancy it's hard not to become paranoid about every symptom and wonder if it's a sign of miscarriage or something bad. Plus this is all so new to me, so I have nothing to compare with!
Me:31 DH: 46
DS: May 9,2016
Excited to be joining the 2 under 2 club!! Due Date November 1st

TrebleLily

Postby Artemis » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:16 pm

You're welcome! I was the same way and loved hearing reassurance! This is our first as well so I was paranoid and nervous about every sensation until I got past 14 weeks lol, then I just accepted that all the weirdness is part of growing a tiny human and you will too once you get comfortable! Also, if your symptoms fluctuate (disappear for a day or more) don't worry! I freaked out the first time my boobs felt normal because they were normally so sore, sure enough it was and still is an on and off feeling. Looking forward to seeing how your pregnancy progresses mama!! :)
Me: 27 DH: 26
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15
EDD: New Years Eve

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

Born 12/1/15 at 7:45pm.
5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
No NICU time. We are blessed!
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Return to First Trimester