anyone else over 40..freaking out

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

anyone else over 40..freaking out

Postby anastasia1009 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:42 pm

I am 45 yrs old, never been pregnant and was told me left ovary is blocked. We gave up about 4 years ago - mom passed, his dad passed and PhD hubby and me degree again.
We did it once - lots of stress plus sick cat and now 5 weeks with two positive tests. Going to the doctor on Tuesday as its a holiday on Monday here in Canada.
Just got brown blood - not much only at cervix and weird cramps like AF is coming.

Anyone else over 40?

Deborah
Me 45 DH 46
One ovary after HSG - told IUI or IVF.
Went gluten free - no rice, potatoes or bread for two months.
BFP - due May 3 might be early
anastasia1009
Friend

Re: anyone else over 40..freaking out

Postby Fletch » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Hi Deborah -

I am there with you. I'm over 40 and pregnant with my first baby. I am incredibly excited, feeling super blessed, and scared out of my mind. To make matters worse, I'm sick. ( not preggo sick!) Tried to stay away from any medication,but had to be put on an antibiotic. Trying to do everything right by drinking plenty of water, eating well, and resting. I'm on week 5 day 2. I'm trying to embrace every minute of this because this will be the only time I get to experience this gift. Hoping to be able to embrace it better after my first doctor's visit.
Fletch

Postby anastasia1009 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Fletch wrote:Hi Deborah -

I am there with you. I'm over 40 and pregnant with my first baby. I am incredibly excited, feeling super blessed, and scared out of my mind. To make matters worse, I'm sick. ( not preggo sick!) Tried to stay away from any medication,but had to be put on an antibiotic. Trying to do everything right by drinking plenty of water, eating well, and resting. I'm on week 5 day 2. I'm trying to embrace every minute of this because this will be the only time I get to experience this gift. Hoping to be able to embrace it better after my first doctor's visit.

I am going on 6W - just got confirmed by doctor and next week is the ultrasound and heartbeat.
Hope you feel better
Me 45 DH 46
One ovary after HSG - told IUI or IVF.
Went gluten free - no rice, potatoes or bread for two months.
BFP - due May 3 might be early
anastasia1009
Friend

Postby Fletch » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:23 pm

Good luck with your visit. I just made my appointment and feel like time has been standing still. :-) I am anxious to get my first u/s and cannot wait to see the baby for the first time. I am feeling 100 times better, so things are looking up!
Fletch

Return to First Trimester