First obgyn visit?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

First obgyn visit?

Postby Mrsjvp » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:05 am

So last week I found out I was pregnant, I went to see a nurse practitioner to confirm she did urine, blood test & referred me for a ultrasound. So far I'm just waiting till this Friday for ultrasound. I called to schedule a obgyn with a dr the nurse practitioner referred me they can't see me until Oct 16th that would put me around 10 weeks. Isn't that kinda late for a first appointment? I'm a first time mom and have alot of questions
Mrsjvp
Friend

Re: First obgyn visit?

Postby Artemis » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:48 am

Sounds about right! Most like to do the first ultrasound between 8-12 weeks from your lmp. The reason it's not earlier is that it can be a hit or miss on seeing the baby or hearing a heart beat (just too early sometimes!) and it 1. Freaks you out, because it makes you think you are miscarrying when really your dates might be off from late ovulation and 2. Requires you to come in for a follow up ultrasound a week later which can be expensive, exhausting, and stressful!

By 10 weeks there will no doubt on the ultrasound findings. It's the wait that is even more sucky than the TWW! I had mine at 9 weeks.
Me: 27 DH: 26
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15
EDD: New Years Eve

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

Born 12/1/15 at 7:45pm.
5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
No NICU time. We are blessed!
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Re: First obgyn visit?

Postby PolkaDot_24 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:48 pm

My first u/s wasn't until week 11 and I won't see an ob/gyn until week 30 due to a shortage of them in my town. Until week 30 I will stay with my regular family doctor. So no need to worry!

PolkaDot_24
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to First Trimester