morning sickness every other day

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

morning sickness every other day

Postby erin860 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:18 am

Hi ladies,

This is my first pregnancy and I am driving myself crazy with worry lol. I am six weeks today and have been feeling sick for past two weeks. It's not bad enough that I am throwing up, it's just a really queasy feeling. The weird thing is that it's worse every other day. Is that normal? I had my levels tested at 4 weeks 6 days and 5 weeks 1 day and they doubled. I am going for my dating ultrasound next Friday in 8 days and it can't come soon enough. I'm hoping getting to hear a heartbeat and see what's going on in there will give me some peace of mind.

Also, I am totally showing, doctor says I'm just bloated but I can't get pants buttoned already and I haven't gained a pound. Is this normal. My pregnancy test came back positive in seconds with a dark line. Could have a twins in there????

Thanks in advance!
erin860

Re: morning sickness every other day

Postby FrostedFuji » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:48 am

Everyone's morning sickness is totally different. Mine came and went the whole first trimester, it just got to the point where it was there more often than it wasn't, lol. Some women don't get it at all, and some women get sick as dogs. It's all variable on you, your body, and how well you're tolerating the surge of hormones your body is creating!

I've been in maternity jeans since very early as well. For me, I think it started as bloating and then just very quickly became bump, even though it still took forever to actually show. This all depends on your body type and where your uterus is able to "go" as it expands, lol. I have a short torso, so I think I was affected pretty early because there was nowhere to go but out - others feel differently.

As for the possibility of twins, you just can't know for sure until the ultrasound. In the end there's no real definition of "normal," it's all part of a range of experiences. You definitely fit in :)
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby Amanda0713 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:57 am

I'm sure everything is going fine. As for your bump, it's mostly likely bloat, and bloat can be really severe in early pregnancy thanks to pregnancy hormones slowing down your digestive tract so much. But whether is bloat or early bump, both indicate a healthy pregnancy, so try to feel good about that. If you can't button your pants, get a belly band so you don't have to button them, or surrender to maternity pants early, there are SOOOO much more comfy anyway ;)
DS born 7/28/13
MC at 8 weeks June 2015
BFP 10/06/15
EDD 6/16/16

Amanda0713
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby erin860 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Thanks for your replies, it definitely makes me feel better. I'm hoping this worry is just because it's my first but I think I'll probably feel this way with every baby. I did buy some yoga pants in a size up today. Normally I'm on the slender side with a long torso so I'm surprised I look so big already. I like the idea that baby or bloat it's a healthy sign. Thanks again ladies. If you have any other words of wisdom I'm all ears.
erin860

Postby FrostedFuji » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:11 pm

I was totally freaked out over every little thing, too. Still am, some days. It's all just part of the process for some of us :)

My biggest recommendation for anyone who worries about the little things is to be really careful what sources you let yourself read online. Some are downright panic-inducing, even if they don't intend to be. I really like the American Pregnancy Association at http://www.americanpregnancy.org, they offer very good and unbiased info on basically everything related to labor and birth. Another good one is Baby Centre, http://www.babycentre.co.uk/ - if you don't live in the UK, some of it won't be entirely relevant because some of the specifics of medicine are based on the NHS and American/Canadian practices differ, but again it's a generally unbiased and thorough source on a lot of things!
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby erin860 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:07 pm

Hi again and thanks for the info. I am a little addicted to googling everything in general so I'm going to take your advice and not google every symptom. My first ultrasound is in two days. I'm hoping that will give me some peace of mind. Until then just praying for a healthy baby.
erin860

Return to First Trimester