Working with m/s

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Working with m/s

Postby nstraka » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:10 pm

I'm 7 weeks now and feel super sick every morning and then it ebbs and flows all day. I don't want to tell work until 12 weeks but I have no idea how I will cope! I sit at a desk all day but I need to attend meetings too, yikes. Any tips?
It's a girl! Surprised us and came 3 weeks early via c section. 6 pounds 5 ounces.
nstraka
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Working with m/s

Postby justxher » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:11 am

I know what you mean, working through the first trimester is sooo hard. I can't concentrate on anything and am so close to falling asleep at my desk, and I go to the bathroom every 20 minutes thinking I might throw up. And the worst part is you can't even tell anyone how you're feeling and why!

Last time I told myself "I will hold off as long as I can and then when it gets too unbearable then I will just tell my boss even if I'm not at 12 weeks yet" and then every day that went by I was like "just one more day, I can do one more day" and then I made it to 12 weeks.

But my advice is that if it gets too unbearable and starts to significantly impact your work then you should just tell ahead of the 12 weeks. It's better that they know and understand than they think you're just slacking or something. Maybe get an early scan so you can feel a bit safer telling? I had a home doppler and was able to find the heartbeat at home from 8 weeks, so I felt safer telling early as long as i was able to hear a healthy heartbeat daily at that point.
Me: 27
DH: 29
DS1: :angel: Baby Jase born 06/30/15, premature at 18w2d

DS2: June 25 2016
justxher
Angel
Angel

Postby Amanda0713 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:16 am

I've been sucking on a lot of breath mints at work and that seems to help some. Hopefully you can find some relief and hold out for a while. Good luck!
DS born 7/28/13
MC at 8 weeks June 2015
BFP 10/06/15
EDD 6/16/16

Amanda0713
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bgarcia » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:09 pm

It's not morning sickness... More like all day sickness... The only think I can recommend is to keep snack near you. I found that if my stomach was empty I would feel sicker... Eating something light crackers and apple... Made such difference almost immediately.. Hope you feel better
Me: 29
DB: 38

DS - 8
DD - 3
DD - 10 months
expecting surprise baby #4!!

ITS A BABY GIRL!!!!!!

bgarcia
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to First Trimester