I just keep worrying...

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

I just keep worrying...

Postby hopingandpraying13 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:09 pm

I honestly don't know how I am going to make it until July! I can't stop worrying about everything. I try to push these negative thoughts aside because I know stress isn't good, but I just keep thinking what if I go into my 8 week ultrasound and its a blighted ovum or ectopic pregnancy. Then, it's what if I have a miscarriage? How does everyone cope? I am currently 5 weeks and 3 days. The only symptoms I have right now is extreme fatigue, extreme hunger, sore boobs, and super irritable. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop the worrying?
Me: 24
DH: 24

09/15: TTC #1, Chemical Pregnancy
10/15: BFP at 12DPO
11/2/15: Beta level- 126 at 15DPO

hopingandpraying13
Friend

Re: I just keep worrying...

Postby Amanda0713 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:46 pm

I wish I had some good advice, but I'm feeling the exact same. My first u/s is this week, I'll be 9 weeks and I keep thinking all the bad things I might find out. Hopefully someone will post with better advice, but I'm just trying to take it one day at a time until then, celebrating everyday closer as a small victory. Good luck
DS born 7/28/13
MC at 8 weeks June 2015
BFP 10/06/15
EDD 6/16/16

Amanda0713
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby justxher » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:31 am

I wish I knew how to stop the worrying, it plagues me too. What helps a little bit is the constant monitoring, like early ultrasounds, home doppler to check baby's heartbeat daily after 8w, additional genetic testing, etc... I guess just being able to make sure things are ok instead of just being in the dark
Me: 27
DH: 29
DS1: :angel: Baby Jase born 06/30/15, premature at 18w2d

DS2: June 25 2016
justxher
Angel
Angel

Postby btan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:07 pm

There really isnt' any way to stop worrying to be honest. I have had a blighted ovum before, but I knew something was wrong from the beginning. Had a couple days of spotting at 6 weeks and then nothing till about 8 weeks when I started bleeding more..I went in around 9 weeks and found out the bleeding was my body trying to MC but it didn't actually happen till 10 weeks since we didn't do a d/c. But I had ZERO symptoms at all that pregnancy and my HPTs not only gave me a late bfp but the line never darkened, it just stayed the same. I remember even telling my mom that something wasn't right. If you are having any sxs and you have a progression of any kind on your tests you've taken, then from my experience you are probably ok.

It's hard not to feel stressed when something we love is so out of our control. But through 2 chemicals and one blighted ovum I can tell you that no matter how much we worry and read on the internet we are never in control and each baby deserves for us to be happier about them in there then we are stressed no matter what the outcome is :) When I got pg with my second daughter after that BO it took me until mid-second tri to be happy and really love the baby in me, and I regret that so much. Not that she'll ever know it haha. But she deserved for me to be attached to her. It would have hurt just as bad if I had lost her too (and I know because I had a HUGE bleed at 8 weeks with her that was just an SCH and she was ok, but I had to go a whole holiday weekend thinking I was MC again).
DD1 - 8
DD2 - 6
DS - 3
Baby #4 Due in July!!
HB 171 @ 8w1d

btan

Postby agonize » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:34 pm

I was also worrier in my early weeks! So, I just educated myself on everything baby related and read a lot of everything. Here are the sites that I frequently visited. Maybe they'll be helpful for you as well!

1) http://www.YourDueDate.com To entertain yourself and take your mind off of things, bookmark your due date calculation. This site has so much info about your pregnancy - you can see when the first trimester, second trimester, third trimester starts. If you visit it every day, it's really soothing to watch your week + day count up.

2) http://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php Check out this site for the daily odds of pregnancy miscarriage. And every day as you wake up each morning, go here. It will be therapeutic and reassuring to see your chance of miscarriage go down at each passing day.

3) Do the pee test. Take a peek whenever you pee. If you are not bleeding, you are fine! I definitely got a little bit crazy in the beginning like every time I had a discharge or some sorts, I'll check. But honestly it served as a way for me to calm my nerves.

4) If you are not in pain, you are fine!! Based on my readings, ectopic pregnancy needs to be accompanied by excruciating pain on your side. So, honestly if you are on this site and chatting to us about your worries, you are probably fine!

5) Use this site as a way to stay occupied. I visited tww literally every hour. It helps a lot to ask questions AND to give advice. Now that you are successfully impregnated, why not give back to those mothers who are still actively trying? Maybe share some success stories?

6) Google is your best friend. I know that for some, googling can be stressful. But for a hypochondriac, google can be very reassuring. Basically if you think something is happening to you now, just google it. You will probably see that your situation happens to just about every other woman out there and that you are not alone in this.

7) Start a pregnancy journal. Honestly, i wish I had started one earlier. It's a great way to keep track of your emotions, your symptoms (or lack of) and maybe your thoughts on that particular day. Once your symptoms come, the journal would become handy if your doctor or midwife were to ask you specific questions that you may have otherwise forgotten if you had not written it down.

Finally, the early days, it passes so quickly! Don't waste it with your worries!! And 8 weeks will come soon enough for you. Just know that you have already completed the hard parts (aka getting pregnant). Now you just have to sit back and let God/nature take its due course. :hh9:
Me--Sophia: 30, DH: 32
July 2015: chemical pregnancy
Sept 2015: BFP @ DPO 12;
EDD: 6/3/16
11w4d: :hb: 165 (doppler)
12w5d: :hb: 156 (ultrasound)
15w6d: :hb: 140 (doppler)
20w5d: :hb: 149 (ultrasound) It's a BOY!
agonize
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Babylowes » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:08 am

I'm currently waiting to miscarry from being told I had a blighted ovum I would be 8+2 today it will be my first miscarriage. My numbers doubled like they should, the sac is healthy and the right shape, I have had the worst symptoms ever and I've had no bleeding or cramping. I wanted this baby so much and as devastating as it is you just get on with it, you stay strong, you keep an eye on the positives even if that only positive is that u fell pregnant to begin with it means ur able to fall pregnant again.
Babylowes

Postby elohcin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:26 am

I'm a worrier too, based on a pretty crappy miscarriage history. I've done a lot better this time, but it's taken a LOT to get to this point, and I still know I'd go back to square one if I lost another one.

Thinking of you...early pregnancy is a tough time, for a lot of reasons!
Me (30) DH (33) Married 12 years!
Mama to 4 in arms (ages 10, 8, 6, 3) and 11 in Heaven
Thanking God for a new little one coming our way in 2016!
elohcin
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to First Trimester