Cramps and Flu/Cold?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Cramps and Flu/Cold?

Postby essiejames23 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:20 am

10 DP0 today with my BFP!!! :bfp: I feel sooooo sick. Not the typical nausea and boob pain like I expected, but really sick with cold symptoms, sore throat, headache, exhaustion, my face is puffy, cramps, and not very hungry. Nervous - hoping this is a sticky baby! Had 2 CP earlier this year, but this seems better already. Anyone else have cramps? I'm nervous! Hoping it is just implantation and uterus stretching
essiejames23
Friend

Re: Cramps and Flu/Cold?

Postby Amanda0713 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:29 pm

I'm almost 9 weeks and I've been having cramps since a couple days before my BFP. I'd say I have them 2 out of 3 days. They aren't really painful, kind of dull. During my first pregnancy I probably wouldn't have noticed or payed much attention, but after my last MC I notice and of course worry. But it's been 5 weeks now like that and so far so good. It's possible you just have a cold at the same time, and it's not related, just be careful what meds you take if any. I've even heard differing opinions on small stuff like cough drops, so safest to give your dr a call on that stuff I think. Hope you feel better soon and congrats on your BFP :)
DS born 7/28/13
MC at 8 weeks June 2015
BFP 10/06/15
EDD 6/16/16

Amanda0713
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Honey Bunny » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi love! Congrats and welcome ! Totally normal to feel cramps even through week 10.. Just means baby is getting nice and cozy.. I remember cramps on and off every day, then every other day til about week 8 -10. However cramping accompanied with bleeding is of concern so make sure if you see that get checked.. Cramping like AF is coming is normal. Th cold symptoms also totally normal, remember your body's fighting mechanisms Lower to allow your baby to develop . If your body didn't it would attack our little ones, so it's all normal .do keep an eye in case you get a fever, fevers while pregnant are a big no no anything over 100.4 should be called in .
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Postby FrostedFuji » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Ditto Honey, cramping is very normal and common, as long as you're not seeing blood or cramping so badly that you can't move/walk/breathe, you and baby are fine. In many cases early on, I believe it's your uterus starting to expand to make room for baby. I had a lot of cramping on and off in the first couple of months, I'd joke that she was adding on a new bedroom, putting in the pool, or finishing off the basement ;)

But I will also say, if you're ever concerned give your doctor/midwife a call. They will either reassure you, or bring you in to get checked out and make sure nothing is wrong. I've been in to mine several times for concerns, and a couple of times I've called and was told that there was nothing to be worried about. Many offices have someone on call just for that purpose.
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby TracieMarie77 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Glad to hear this seems normal. I'm almost 5 weeks (tomorrow) and I get cramps that are dull kind of like af cramps but not as intense. In fact if I didn't know I was pregnant I'd just assume af was coming in the next few days. But from what I've seen and heard, that's normal.
TracieMarie77

Return to First Trimester