No Symptoms--Need Some Comfort!

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

No Symptoms--Need Some Comfort!

Postby moxieluv » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:49 am

Hi Ladies :)

I'm 5w3d today, and I need a little comfort/a reality check. This is my first pregnancy, so I'm not totally sure what to expect, but I'm freaking out over the fact that I have almost NO symptoms. I took another HPT yesterday, and the line was very strong and dark, but aside from that...

My breasts/nipples were very tender for a few days, but that's gone away now. I have some transient fatigue (but I'm also totally off caffeine, so it's hard to tell what's what with that). I have had NO nausea, and just the tiniest bit of cramping (1 on a scale from 1-10).

My 8-week appointment is forever away, and I need to hear that this is normal (if it is). Have any of you had the experience of basically no symptoms at all and had normal pregnancies? Thanks!
Me: 32
Hubs: 33
Trying since: 6/15
Love and babydust to all :) <3
moxieluv
Friend

Re: No Symptoms--Need Some Comfort!

Postby LunaWop » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:54 am

Hi moxieluv,

This is my first pregnancy as well, and I was in the exact same situation as you are at 5+3. I was feeling very tired, and while I thought it could have been the lack of caffeine, I am not sure it was...

I started with the nausea a couple of days after posting for reassurance (yes, I posted a very similar post in my ddc)...at the beginning it was just transient, only lasting for a short while and only when I was hungry. It turned into full-blown 24/7 nausea around a week later (say 6+2 or 6+3). Still with me at 9+6.

Little beanie was fine and healthy all the time, so it definitely can happen!

Also, bear in mind that a LOT of people don't even know they are pregnant at 5+2: I guess this would be a lot less common if everyone had strong symptoms!!
Me: 35
DH: 34

July 15 - Approved for IVF/ICSI on NHS (Male Factor)
October 15 - Waiting for AF to start treatment
20/10/15 - AF late, BFP at 18dpo!!!! - Over the moon!!!
Code name: Sesaminy :)

30/10 - CRL 1.8mm, heart is beating!
16/11 - CRL 1.9cm; heartbeat 171bpm!
10/12 - CRL 5.8cm; heart beats, all fine!
7/1 - Results from quad screen, high risk :cry:
8/1 - All fine on u/s. It's a :babyb:
14/1 - All clear on Harmony - low risk (<1/10,000) for all trisomies!

LunaWop

Postby Amanda0713 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:28 am

With this pregnancy I didn't get symptoms until the middle of my 6th week and with my son, I never really had any, and he is perfect. I know it's not possible to stop worrying, but maybe just try not to panic yourself. I would recommend staying off google, it will only stress you out more. Try to mentally celebrate each day as a small victory and the appointment will be here before you know it. Congratulations!
DS born 7/28/13
MC at 8 weeks June 2015
BFP 10/06/15
EDD 6/16/16

Amanda0713
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby alecita1987 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:42 am

5w3d is still early to have symptoms. Normally morning sickness kicks in at around 6-7 weeks. You might come back next week complaining about too many symptoms lol.

I know having lots of symptoms is good for reassurance, but also remember that not all women get strong symptoms, not all women get morning sickness, and some women do get symptoms that are not considered "the usual ones."

I'm currently 11 weeks and I've not had many symptoms other than feeling tired, being gassy after meals, and soreness in my boobs/nipples. I've not had any nausea/vomiting, no food aversions, no smell sensitivities, and no crazy cravings like many women do.

I know the waiting is hard but try to be patient and just take a deep breath, enjoy your pregnancy, and wait for your 8 week appointment. As soon as you see your baby and the heartbeat you'll feel way better and then just try to enjoy your almost symptom-free pregnancy :wink:
Me: 29, DH: 28
DS: 14 months old

BFP! 4/21/15 -> :angel: MMC @ 10w (6/6/15)
BFP! 10/1/15 -> DS born 6/9/16. My RAINBOW Baby!
BFP! 6/26/17 -> EDD 3/8/18 :sticky:

Ultrasound on 8/1/17 @ 8w5d :hb: 172 bpm

alecita1987

Postby moxieluv » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:33 pm

Thank you all so much! I sincerely appreciate the reassurance! I'm going to take your advice and try to relax a little bit :)

Love & babydust to you all!
moxieluv
Friend

Postby FrostedFuji » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:49 pm

My symptoms came and went for a few weeks early on before they hit "full force," though even then they were still much lighter some days than others. That is absolutely normal - as is worrying that it means something is wrong, given the number of sources that list "sudden disappearance of symptoms" as a possible indicator of miscarriage. I think it's complete crap for them to say that, given how common "sudden disappearance" is for a perfectly healthy and continuing pregnancy! Haha.
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby TracieMarie77 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:48 pm

Very common for symptoms to come and go. I am 7 weeks and they do for me all the time. Lol I have some days I will poke or squeeze my boobs to see if they are still sore, then other days they feel like they are on fire! My first appointment is December 14! So really by then I'll be a little over 9 weeks so I feel ya on the feels like forever. In any case of doubt call your dr. And stay positive :)
TracieMarie77

Postby agonize » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:20 pm

Don't worry for your lack of symptoms! I didn't get anything visible until at least week 6. And even so, I didn't experience the morning sickness that most women talk about. The extent of my feeling sick is just feeling mildly nauseous around dinner time.

For me, I think my pregnancy symptoms flared at around week 8. And when most people talk about their symptoms dying down in the second trimester, mine persists.

That's why I think you won't get EVERY pregnancy symptom, it really depends on your wiring. So for now, just sit back and try not to worry too much!!
Me--Sophia: 30, DH: 32
July 2015: chemical pregnancy
Sept 2015: BFP @ DPO 12;
EDD: 6/3/16
11w4d: :hb: 165 (doppler)
12w5d: :hb: 156 (ultrasound)
15w6d: :hb: 140 (doppler)
20w5d: :hb: 149 (ultrasound) It's a BOY!
agonize
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby moxieluv » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:22 am

Thank you all again! I really appreciate your input--it's very comforting :)

I'm 7w2d now, and I finally started feeling a little nauseous a few days ago. As comforting as that is, I'm already over it--haha! Boobs are a *little* sore now and then, and I'm still more tired than usual, but overall I feel fortunate that my symptoms are only this bad. My first US is next Monday!!
moxieluv
Friend

Postby elohcin » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Congrats!!

I've been pregnant 15 times (though I only have 4 children) and I've only had early pregnancy symptoms, including some slight nausea/food aversions, ONCE. And it was a miscarriage! So for me, even though I've always said I'll take symptoms, I've learned that even having them doesn't guarantee anything.
Me (30) DH (33) Married 12 years!
Mama to 4 in arms (ages 10, 8, 6, 3) and 11 in Heaven
Thanking God for a new little one coming our way in 2016!
elohcin
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to First Trimester