Need Someone to Talk To About This Nausea!!

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Need Someone to Talk To About This Nausea!!

Postby moxieluv » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:57 am

Hi All :)

I'm 7w2d, and I just started getting some "all-day" sickness. It's not constant, but it comes on pretty quickly and pretty strong. I'm at work, where I won't be announcing for another several weeks, and I just needed someone to commiserate with! My nausea only started a few days ago, so I don't have any treatments for it yet (any suggestions?), I'm just drinking a lot of ginger ale.

Right now I'm sitting at my desk, sipping ginger ale, focusing on not hurling into the trash can. How are you all doing?? :)
Me: 32
Hubs: 33
Trying since: 6/15
Love and babydust to all :) <3
moxieluv
Friend

Re: Need Someone to Talk To About This Nausea!!

Postby LunaWop » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:24 am

Hi!

Definitely know the feeling...I don't have a magical solution, but the thing that has helped me the most has been avoiding to go hungry. My nausea just starts to climb and climb the longer I go without eating. I went from having nothing solid from breakfast (6:15am) to dinner (7pm) to having breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, mid-afternoon snack, and dinner.
Crisps (ready salted) seem to work pretty well in quenching the mid-morning nausea. I have tried more healthy snacks, but they don't seem to do the trick.
I have managed to keep it to a banana in the afternoon, but I get terribly nauseous if I don't have it by 3:30pm!
Me: 35
DH: 34

July 15 - Approved for IVF/ICSI on NHS (Male Factor)
October 15 - Waiting for AF to start treatment
20/10/15 - AF late, BFP at 18dpo!!!! - Over the moon!!!
Code name: Sesaminy :)

30/10 - CRL 1.8mm, heart is beating!
16/11 - CRL 1.9cm; heartbeat 171bpm!
10/12 - CRL 5.8cm; heart beats, all fine!
7/1 - Results from quad screen, high risk :cry:
8/1 - All fine on u/s. It's a :babyb:
14/1 - All clear on Harmony - low risk (<1/10,000) for all trisomies!

LunaWop

Postby newtottcing » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi ladies! I am 7 weeks today....And my nausea and vomit started last Monday. I've only actually thrown up 3 times, but the nausea definitely is pretty frequent. This week I have noticed the same as Luna....My nausea gets the worst when I'm hungry. So I am finally figuring out that I just need to be snacking basically every other hour. I can NOT eat big meals or else I feel completely terrible...But if I just remain semi full that works! Lots of crackers, bananas, fruit, and ginger ale! We will get through this together, haha!
9/10/15- Miscarriage at 5 weeks
Rainbow BFP @ 11DPO on 11/14/15...Stick Baby, Stick!Image
newtottcing

Postby MamaBird912 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:10 pm

My all day nausea began 3 days ago. I'm 6 weeks today.. Actually I'm having a decent day with just a little nausea. I too get it if I'm hungry and need to eat frequently.. Peppermint candy canes have helped a lot!
MamaBird912
Addicted
Addicted

Postby chocolatecake » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:32 am

I've been sick for two and a half weeks straight (7 weeks today), and have found that ginger tea helps. I make it homemade so it's really strong. Also to keep snacking all day. I've been sticking to carbs, fruit, and greens. I have cut out oils, butter, and sugar since even the sight of it makes me sick now. It's like I dream about juicy fresh mint, cucumbers and pickles unlike before my pregnancy. Hope this helps, I'm in the same boat, sick all day. They say "morning" sickness, but it's all day. I think it's a good thing though, since it means your baby is up and running, working hard, and growing.
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to First Trimester