Is it normal to be this sick?.. Help

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Is it normal to be this sick?.. Help

Postby MamaBird912 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:57 am

Since Saturday ive had nausea all day every day. Yesterday was one of my better days and I woke up feeling decent, but it went downhill after breakfast. I lost all my energy and got queasy. So my DH let me go lay down. I was asleep for an hour and woke up having to pee. Then when I went to lay down again I started to get so so ill..

My heart was racing, my arms tingled, I felt like I was going to vomit (but I never let myself) It was the worst nausea I'd ever felt. I was shivering and weak. My hubby brought me a snack and I ate so very slowly.. I started to feel a little better.

It was only 3 hours after my bowl of shredded wheats. I don't see how my sugar could've dropped so much in that short time.. I hate this. I want to feel like myself again. I'm tired of it already. I don't want to get up and face each day because I know they're going to suck... But I have no choice because my son is still very dependent. I can't handle it. It's only day 6 and I'm already starting to break..
MamaBird912
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Is it normal to be this sick?.. Help

Postby justxher » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:19 pm

I don't know if it's "normal" but I've definitely had some pretty crippling nausea as well with both of my pregnancies. It lasts all day long, every day, and pretty much nothing except meds helps to make the days bearable. And all throughout this I haven't actually thrown up a single time. I spend every minute that I'm not at work lying in bed and trying to make time go by faster, while my wonderful husband brings me toast in bed. I don't know.. there are some women out there who have easy and enjoyable pregnancies and I can't even imagine what that's like because to me the first trimester just feels like having a chronic illness.
Me: 27
DH: 29
DS1: :angel: Baby Jase born 06/30/15, premature at 18w2d

DS2: June 25 2016
justxher
Angel
Angel

Postby justxher » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:29 pm

Buuttt, as far as help goes... the one thing that has helped me a lot is the meds my doctor gave me, it's basically a mix of B6 + an antihistamine so it's safe for the baby and it has actually really helped to lessen the nausea to a more manageable level. I was trying to avoid taking anything but then realized I was probably doing more harm to my baby by eating dry toast all day long (and being unable to eat vegetables or protein) than I was taking this stuff. Like my doctor says..."don't be a hero, take the medication", I think if you really find yourself struggling you should tell your doctor and see if they can help
Me: 27
DH: 29
DS1: :angel: Baby Jase born 06/30/15, premature at 18w2d

DS2: June 25 2016
justxher
Angel
Angel

Postby MamaBird912 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:53 am

I am still nauseated, but I got "sea bands" and they helped a lot yesterday. It seems like I only get really ill when my sugar drops... I just need to eat pretty much constantly to keep it at bay. Hello 50 lbs of pregnancy weight I didn't want to gain again ):
MamaBird912
Addicted
Addicted

Return to First Trimester