5ths disease?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

5ths disease?

Postby MamaBird912 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:38 pm

So a few months ago, before I got pregnant, my DS was diagnosed with having 5ths disease. He was pretty sick and then at the end he got a rash... I thought, like chicken pox, kids only got it once.

Now he's been sick since around Christmas, seems to be improving, but this morning a very similar rash showed up all over his torso. He just got his MMR on the 21st or so. Could it be from his shots or does he possibly have 5ths again??

Should I be concerned? I know its bad for pregnant women.. I've felt off, but didn't really get the typical 5ths symptoms. No fever, no rash, my nose is dry, my throat isn't sore. I have had headaches, a slight cough, and various joints have been achey for a couple days. I'm going to call my obgyn office tomorrow, hopefully they're open. The weekend is a terrible time to need something medically...*sigh*
MamaBird912
Addicted
Addicted

Return to First Trimester