So sick I haven't left the house for 2 weeks :s

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

So sick I haven't left the house for 2 weeks :s

Postby chocolatecake » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:16 am

I go on an hour walk with the husband every day to every other day, and do some push-ups and yoga to remain active. But when it comes to going shopping, or to a friends house I just feel so sick and tired. Is anyone else curling up into a sea sick, tired ball these days?? I'm only 7 weeks, and so thankful I don't work right now.
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: So sick I haven't left the house for 2 weeks :s

Postby bloop » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:26 pm

Have you tried taking unisom? It has really reduced my nausea. I was super sick last week too. It's hard to want to do anything or even eat.
#1 Due Aug 2016!
bloop
Star Member
Star Member

Postby chocolatecake » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm a little hesitant to use anything that has side effects though, or any man made drugs. I went to the doctor today, and she told me it's a normal sign of a healthy pregnancy, and I didn't need to take anything. But I have found that peppermint/ginger are working really well, paired with nibbling all day like chipmunk.
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby alecita1987 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:05 pm

Since you mentioned not wanting to take any drugs I thought I would share with you the natural remedy my midwife recommends for morning sickness:

Morning Sickness-Morning Ease by Mother’s Herbals (Trilight) is a liquid tincture taken 30 min. before arising and then every 2 hours as needed. A similar product is Morning Sickness Balm by Mountain Meadow Herbs.

I did not get any morning sickness so I can't confirm if any of those products actually work or not, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Hope you get to feel better soon :).
Me: 29, DH: 28
DS: 14 months old

BFP! 4/21/15 -> :angel: MMC @ 10w (6/6/15)
BFP! 10/1/15 -> DS born 6/9/16. My RAINBOW Baby!
BFP! 6/26/17 -> EDD 3/8/18 :sticky:

Ultrasound on 8/1/17 @ 8w5d :hb: 172 bpm

alecita1987

Postby chocolatecake » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:07 am

Thanks, that sounds great. I'm still struggling to drag myself around these days, so I can give it a try.
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Armywife7 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:21 pm

I could have wrote this. For the last week I've been so tired I literally cant move. I lasted 12 minutes at work tonight and came home. Sickness is also constant. I haven't found anything that works so far. Constant eating helps a bit. I take an anti-sickness tablet too every now and again if it gets unbearable. Hopefully not too much longer and it will ease off x
Armywife7

Postby chocolatecake » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:05 pm

Armywife - That sucks that you are going through this too, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one suffering right now ;)

I posted this a couple weeks ago, and my sickness has gotten so much better now that I'm almost 9 weeks. I just roughed through it since I couldn't get the herbal remedies to try, lost about a pound, and nibbled on stuff all day. It was terrible, but once it starts to get better you feel like you're getting your life back. My husband came home to me puttering around the house today for the first time in a month and couldn't stop smiling, he said I seem more like myself again. yay :D
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby LPCmommy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:00 am

Oh chocolate cake you give me hope! I'm having nausea so bad I can barely eat, sleep or do anything! I'm 6 weeks and 4 days... so hopefully 2 1/2 more weeks....
The name is Lindsey
DH Christopher
DS Nathan, born 8/1/2012
Got our BFP on New Year's Day! :D
EDD September 12th 2016

LPCmommy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to First Trimester