How is everyone's spouse/partner handling everything?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

How is everyone's spouse/partner handling everything?

Postby chocolatecake » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:39 am

Just thought it would be nice to see how everyone's spouse or partner are handling the pregnancy, if it's the first, or fifth, how they are, preparing to be a father/parent figure, helping and supporting you, or are they running around in total confusion and look at you like a magical unicorn they're afraid to touch? lol
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: How is everyone's spouse/partner handling everything?

Postby adsloan10 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:11 am

This is baby # 5 so hubby knows the drill lol. Poor guy, I have a habit of not wanting to be touched in the slightest when I'm pregnant, unless it's for a foot massage.
Andrea

DD1 - 3/5/2007
DD2 - 9/10/2011
DD3 - 8/29/2012
DS - 10/29/2014

Baby # 5 Due 9/7/2016!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

adsloan10

Postby alecita1987 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:56 am

This is our first and DH is handling it just fine I think. He's very excited but kinda lost at the same time cause he doesn't know what is he suppose to do while I'm pregnant lol. I haven't had any awful symptoms either so most of the time there's really not much to think or do about in regards to the pregnancy.

We're gonna start taking childbirth and newborn care classes pretty soon though, so we can both be prepared to do this big thing that we've never done before lol. But for now pregnancy for us is just a waiting game I guess.
Me: 29, DH: 28
DS: 14 months old

BFP! 4/21/15 -> :angel: MMC @ 10w (6/6/15)
BFP! 10/1/15 -> DS born 6/9/16. My RAINBOW Baby!
BFP! 6/26/17 -> EDD 3/8/18 :sticky:

Ultrasound on 8/1/17 @ 8w5d :hb: 172 bpm

alecita1987

Postby chocolatecake » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:10 pm

adsloan10, thats funny because I cant stand being touched either. wonder why.

alecita, thats great hes so involved, I hope the confusion is adorable.

Today my hub. tried to get me to walk across all these major streets without stop signs (in the mid. east too) , and I was like hey cant play frogger anymore lol. little stuff like that.
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby chocolatecake » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:55 pm

just another update on conversations with husband, its long, but I just want to share. He said last night he doesnt "feel" pregnant lol. I asked him if he thinks its going quickly and he said no, but I told him it feels like I just got pregnant yesterday. But he said "well when I come home every day you just look the same, so it doesnt seem like you're very far along I guess. Maybe Im just not as connected as you are? " (mind you he is a phsychologist) Then I said,"probably, it wont hit you until you see the baby in 6 1/2 months, but Im here all day with the peanut whos making me sick, achey, tired, and puffy. So mothers start this connection much earlier."
Plus this being my first time I still feel weird that something is growing inside me rapidly. Its scary and amazing at the same time, while husband doesnt go through any of this. I can tell he would choose to though, lol, he is facinated by it. He doesnt think about all the things we have to do in the coming months though; move back to America, find a hospital/midwife/house, prepare room for baby, birthing classes, start school again. Im over here sweating thinking omg, Im going to blink and baby will be here!
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby alecita1987 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:30 am

I wanted to add that we just found out gender last Saturday and DH did a 180 and now is way more excited and looking forward to us having this baby in 4-5 months. It's like seeing a complete baby with all its organs and limbs plus definite sex made it more real for him. Like I said before, I've had an easy pregnancy so far, so there's not much to do or think about in regards to the actual pregnancy process, but now he's more interested in all the activities we have coming up in the next few months to prepare for the baby.

Like all of you ladies, I became a mother from the day I got my BFP. And I don't think men become 100% fathers till the day of delivery, but it doesn't mean that they go from 0% to 100% in just one day. Small things throughout the pregnancy start to build up the pressure, exciment, and commitment inside of them :D.
Last edited by alecita1987 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me: 29, DH: 28
DS: 14 months old

BFP! 4/21/15 -> :angel: MMC @ 10w (6/6/15)
BFP! 10/1/15 -> DS born 6/9/16. My RAINBOW Baby!
BFP! 6/26/17 -> EDD 3/8/18 :sticky:

Ultrasound on 8/1/17 @ 8w5d :hb: 172 bpm

alecita1987

Postby chocolatecake » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:57 pm

Oh alecita congrats on the baby boy <3. And you are so right, I didn't even think about that. He probably doesn't feel firm because it's not a girl or a boy yet. He's always saying "son" and I'm always saying "daughter" lol. So we will see in about 4 weeks.
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to First Trimester