Diarrhea at almost 6 weeks. Worried... Help!

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Diarrhea at almost 6 weeks. Worried... Help!

Postby beccam29 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:08 pm

I will be 6 weeks pregnant Wednesday. I have had bad diarrhea today. It doesn't seem to be anything I ate, as my husband has eaten the same and is fine.

Is this normal due to progesterone and other hormones, or the sign of the start of a miscarriage? I'm really worried as I have read quite a few stories where miscarriage began with diarrhea. Please be honest and let me know if you had this as a normal pregnancy symptom or not.
beccam29
Friend

Re: Diarrhea at almost 6 weeks. Worried... Help!

Postby Amanda0713 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:45 pm

According to my dr, it's not really something to worry about unless it lasts a really long time. The only thing is you'll be dehydrated more than usual, so drink plenty of fluid, and don't take any meds that you don't clear with your dr first. I can tell you I have had diarrhea on and off through both of my heathy pregnancies and not once the time I miscarried. I don't really think it's related. Good luck!
DS born 7/28/13
MC at 8 weeks June 2015
BFP 10/06/15
EDD 6/16/16

Amanda0713
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby beccam29 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Thank you so much for the reply. That makes me feel a lot better. I'm finding that i am a nervous wreck about EVERYTHING after having miscarried last pregnancy very early. Hoping for the best!
beccam29
Friend

Postby Amanda0713 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:26 am

I completely understand, I miscarried last year and this pregnancy has been really hard for me. I thought it would ease up in the second trimester, but it hasn't really. Try and hang in there and just know that you are doing everything you can to be healthy and keep baby safe. It will all be worth it in the end.
DS born 7/28/13
MC at 8 weeks June 2015
BFP 10/06/15
EDD 6/16/16

Amanda0713
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby MamaBird912 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:54 pm

I'm 11 weeks now and I had this early on, actually from the very start. Seemed like every couple of days it would happen and I wouldn't really go in between. It can happen due to your hormone levels, they screw with everything. My little squirmy has a strong heartbeat and everything is fine (:
MamaBird912
Addicted
Addicted

Postby chocolatecake » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:07 pm

beccam, it should be ok, unless it lasts longer than a few days in a row I wouldn't worry. I have also had this for the last few weeks, and it can make you dread going to the bathroom. Have you changed your diet since you became pregnant? Mine has changed a lot, and I thought that along with the hormones have been causing it. Try to drink plenty of fluids, and eat thick foods like toast, pancakes, cornbread, or pasta.
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to First Trimester