Ok who's buying baby clothes already @ 5-9wks? fes up ;)

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Ok who's buying baby clothes already @ 5-9wks? fes up ;)

Postby chocolatecake » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:23 pm

I admit that I do not know the sex of my baby, and am already buying amazingly cute white hoodies, booties, and pants at 9 weeks :mrgreen: . If anything has calmed my anxiety lately it has been preparing, even if it's just a pair of socks. I know miscarriage can still happen, but my doctor said it's not good to think negatively and to enjoy the positive feelings.....so here I am shopping for hours and going over checklists. Anyone else?
Attachments
baby hoodie.jpg
the evidence at the scene
baby hoodie.jpg (54.91 KiB) Viewed 1273 times
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: Ok who's buying baby clothes already @ 5-9wks? fes up ;)

Postby Serendipity » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:34 pm

That's really cute! I'll be 9 weeks on Sunday... I haven't bought anything yet but I'm restraining myself... I'm definitely looking and pointing it all out to DH. He thinks he's going to need a second job for all the shopping I want to do for this one! Lol
Serendipity
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby chocolatecake » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:26 pm

thanks :) Oh its so hard to hold back. Dont worry about costs, I waited 3 weeks for this to go on sale and sure enough cute clothes can be cheap. We have friends that live off of minimum wage, single earning home who still dress their children very well. Actually DH and I are a single earning household, and manage pretty well.

If you have free time, you could also make baby clothes if you are that sort, but I find making it and buying it are similar in price when you shop at target or k-mart like places.
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby cbusluv » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:05 pm

I am almost 10 weeks now and couldn't resist the urge to buy some adorable bedding. I had a good ultrasound a few days ago so I finally feel good about buying baby gear
cbusluv
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby chocolatecake » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:51 am

oh thank you cbusluv <3 I was starting to think I was the only one doing stuff like this. Bedding is a good idea, wish I could get big items like that now. I'm almost 10 weeks too :D . There's all kinds of things we can get, especially if you want more than one child. I'm trying to get a lot of clothes and gear that look good for both boy and girl babies. Wishing you a healthy baby, and easy delivery.
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby cbusluv » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:59 am

You too chocolatecake! I bought gender neutral crib sheets so if we have another baby we aren't starting over from scratch. I bought a couple gender neutral onesies but have held off on clothes since I've heard you get a ton of clothes if you have a shower.
cbusluv
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MamaBird912 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:38 am

I started buying this early with both of my pregnancies (: I think by the end of my first trimester I had DS1 closet full. Where we live there are a few good second hand shops just for baby and kid clothes. Also, goodwill sometimes has treasures. I bought my first baby's graco swing in brand new condition for 15$ at a Goodwill. He hardly used it and now I have it for the new baby too (: I love thrift shops!
MamaBird912
Addicted
Addicted

Return to First Trimester