First time ever seeing a positive test!

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

First time ever seeing a positive test!

Postby annifer333 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:54 am

HI everyone,

My name is Jessica and I am 27 years old.

I am still in shock of seeing my positive pregnancy test this morning. I have felt "off" lately, but assumed it was from the stress of moving and whatnot. Took a pregnancy test before I let the dogs out this morning "knowing" it was going to be negative, but it immediately turned positive. I have already scheduled an appointment with the doctor for March 2. Online calculators say i'm around 6 weeks pregnant with a due date October 11, 2016.

I am terrified that I'm going to have complications or even a miscarriage as seeing how I suffer from PCOS.

Has anyone has any issues with a full term pregnancy with PCOS?

Thanks for your advice in advance.
This is my first pregnancy ever, and I'm just kind of lost as what to do or what to expect.
annifer333

Re: First time ever seeing a positive test!

Postby Stormymonday » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:43 am

Hi there! I dont have any advise re. the PCOS, but wanted to say congratz!!

Just take everything one day at a time... :)
Stormymonday

BFP- February 16, 2016 - 12 dpo
EDD- October 28, 2016

Happy Healthy DD - May 2011
Early Miscarriage- March 2013
Ectopic, saved the tube - October 2013
Miscarriage- October 2015

Stormymonday

Re: First time ever seeing a positive test!

Postby Lizzie32 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:41 am

Jess, hi I'm Lizzie. I am 32 and have been TTC just about 6 months. I also had my first positive Test on Wednesday! Ended up taking three different brands and all were positive. My first appt is 2 weeks from today! I do not have PCOS but I wanted to share in the happy news with you. Congratulations!! My advice would be eat well and exercise and the doctors will help make sure everything goes smoothly!
Lizzie32

Return to First Trimester