Can anyone tell me if this is ok?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Can anyone tell me if this is ok?

Postby Wishing » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:42 am

My tests are very faint and do not seem to be getting darker.

I am 14 dpo today. I also have not yet got a positive on a Clearblue digital.

Has this happened to anyone else and their pregnancy has been ok?

I am freaking myself out reading about tests not getting darker and ending in a chemical pregnancy.
Can anyone help?

Ps I tried to upload photo of tests but twoweekwait says it's too big a file.
Wishing

Re: Can anyone tell me if this is ok?

Postby alecita1987 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:12 pm

How often are you testing? Ideally you want to test every other day or so as it takes HCG 48 hours to double. If you're testing every day then it's harder to get a nice progression.
Also, are you using the same kind of tests? Testing at the same time? Two rules you gotta follow for a progression.
In regards to the digital test, those are less sensitive than regular line tests. 14 dpo is still kinda early, so it wouldn't surprise me that you are still getting a negative on those. How long ago did you get your BFP?

Personally, with this pregnancy I got my first BFP at 12 dpo. I got a faint but decent line on a Walmart test and a FRER. I also tested with a clearblue digital that was BFN. Tested again with the digital at 15dpo and finally got a BFP. My lines at that point were still kinda faint but you could see they were getting a little darker. I found out I was pregnant when I was 3w3d along, but I didn't actually beat the control line until I was 5 weeks pregnant. So as you can see it took longer than a week for my tests to actually show a complete progression. I had a blood test done a couple days later (5w3d) and HCG was over 10,000. So really don't panic cause the lines don't tell much other than HCG is increasing. As long as your tests are not going back to negative you should be fine. Good luck and congratulations!
Me: 29, DH: 28
DS: 14 months old

BFP! 4/21/15 -> :angel: MMC @ 10w (6/6/15)
BFP! 10/1/15 -> DS born 6/9/16. My RAINBOW Baby!
BFP! 6/26/17 -> EDD 3/8/18 :sticky:

Ultrasound on 8/1/17 @ 8w5d :hb: 172 bpm

alecita1987

Postby Wishing » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:09 am

Thanks you so much for replying.

I was using FRER to see progression but I changed yesterday to ICs as FRER are so expensive.

I need To stop googling because I keep reading about chemical pregnancies looking just like my tests and never getting darker.

Thank you for your advice and info.
Wishing

Postby erin860 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Hi know its hard but try not to worry yourself (as much as you can). I used a FRER at dpo 12 and got a positive, tested again the next day and got a darker positive, skipped a day, tested on dpo15 and got a much lighter positive. Google had me so scared that I was going to loss the baby but everything was fine and I'm 24 weeks along now. My doctor had me come into their office for a pregnancy test too a week after my missed period. When they gave me my orders for bloodwork I requested that they check my hcg levels and recheck two days later to make sure they were doubling. Maybe you can request this also to give you some peace of mind. Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy.
erin860

Postby Wishing » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Just to update in case anyone reads for info - it is a chemical pregnancy.

I knew it must be yesterday when at 15 dpo my fmu test was lighter than the previous day's and Also felt my sore boobs, bloating and heavy feeling in uterus had all gone away. Bleeding started last night.

I am so Upset but trying to focus on next cycle and hoping for a healthy pregnancy.

Thanks for responses.
Wishing

Postby alecita1987 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:02 pm

I'm so sorry to read this :(. I know it's dissapointing but try to see the positive in all of this: you now have confirmation that you're able to get pregnant, and you are suppose to be more fertile in the months following a loss.

I had a mc but have never had a chemical. My SIL though had a chemical pregnancy and within a couple of months conceived again and is currently 22 weeks pregnant. So there's light at the end of the tunnel. I wish you good luck!
Me: 29, DH: 28
DS: 14 months old

BFP! 4/21/15 -> :angel: MMC @ 10w (6/6/15)
BFP! 10/1/15 -> DS born 6/9/16. My RAINBOW Baby!
BFP! 6/26/17 -> EDD 3/8/18 :sticky:

Ultrasound on 8/1/17 @ 8w5d :hb: 172 bpm

alecita1987

Return to First Trimester