Nothing showing on 6 week ultrasound

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Nothing showing on 6 week ultrasound

Postby Chris123 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:06 pm

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this site but have been stalking the boards for a few weeks now. After 7 months of TTC and using clomid, we had a BFP on 3/27. Based on my LMP, I should be 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Had my betas tested on 3/28 and HCG was 75, two days later, they only increased to 97, so the dr thought I might have an Ectopic pregnancy. Over the past 2 weeks, I've had my beta tested every other day and my levels started to double. Friday they were 833, so there was a positive sign this pregnancy was going in the right direction. If my levels continued to double, the numbers should be over 3000 today. However the ultrasound tech and the doctor couldn't see anything in my uterus or tubes at all. I took more blood and find out the results tomorrow.

The doctor said if my levels drop or stayed the same, it's most likely a miscarriage. But she also said that if the Hcg continues to double, there's a possibility that it could be twins because of the clomid I was on. Which obviously shocked me.

Has anyone experienced this or know of someone who has had slow rising Hcg levels that eventually doubled and then nothing was seen on a 6 week ultrasound, only to find out they were pregnant with twins?? Seems far fetched but I have to ask the question. Appreciate any information.
Chris123

Re: Nothing showing on 6 week ultrasound

Postby ace2015 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:00 pm

I'm in the similar boat, I went to have ultrasound done for supposed to be 5 weeks 3 days but the doctor couldn't find anything so she sent me to radiology department because she's concerned of ectopic pregnancy. They found a very tiny gestational sac and I will be back next week. I read that some women experience the same thing but the pregnancy progress the few weeks later. It's hard but I tried to stay positive and I trust God with all of these or else I'll drive myself insane. I'm hoping that yours will turn out just fine. Keep me updated.
ace2015

Postby MargaretandCo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi there! Wanted to give you both a little hope, I am 18 weeks but saw nothing on the ultrasound until 7 weeks. I went for an ultrasound at both 5 and 6 and there was nothing. They told me to expect the worse and that I had most likely miscarried but sure enough at 7 weeks we saw the sac, yolk sac and heartbeat! Hang in there and don't give up hope. I have a few other friends who were in the same boat but saw something by 8 week mark!
MargaretandCo
Friend

Postby ace2015 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Thank you MargaretandCo for giving me hope and inspiration.
ace2015

Postby Aml51368 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:55 am

Reading this post has given me hope! I went in for an US thinking I was 6w4d but measured 5w1d. US showed only gestational sac, which doc said was lining good. Perfect shape nothing abnormal. Blood work was great she said. Beta at 6177 then 48hr *actually a little less than 48 showed 9170. She was happy with that and said it normal to not double at this point but should be rising steadily. Repeat US at 6w showed the dav grew by a week in 1 week but still no yolk sac or fetal pole. Doc said growth of gestational sac is perfect but as of right now there is a50 50 chance. Can go either way. I'm trying to be hopeful but I'm so worried. Any words of advice for me?
Aml51368
Friend

Return to First Trimester