Anxiety worries.. Reassurance needed!

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Anxiety worries.. Reassurance needed!

Postby starblaze » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:43 am

Hi everyone, I am quite new to this site. Bit of background info... I was TTC for 6 years and got my BFP a week ago, I'm approx 6 weeks 3 days. I had a mc 9 years ago. I was ok for the first few days but my anxiety about the safety of the pregnancy is getting worse. I went to the dr today as was worried about an ectopic, she took my BP and heart rate which were normal. She felt my tummy and said she was confident everything with baby is fine. I'm still getting twinges/pains in lower abdomen but I am quite constipated (sorry tmi) and think I've got trapped wind so not sure if that's contributing to the pains. I think I'm now making it worse by constantly thinking about it! I keep testing and still getting strong positives. I have my first scan on Tueaday where I will be 7 weeks but the wait is driving me mad, I just want to make sure everything is ok. Surely if the doctor says they think everything is fine it is?! Any reassurance would be appreciated!! Thanks x
starblaze

Re: Anxiety worries.. Reassurance needed!

Postby LK44 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:02 am

Hi Starblaze! Congratulation on your BFP! Sounds like you've been on quite a journey so far. I've also had a miscarriage and absolutely can identify with the anxiety you're feeling. I'm now 19 weeks and still worry and check my underwear and toilet paper every time I go to the bathroom (which is a lot! Haha) I remember at about 6-7 weeks getting really painful cramps to the point where I'd need to lay down and have my husband put pressure on my back. I think it's just the uterus growing since there is so much change at that stage. As long as you don't have bleeding along with cramps I think you're ok. It's the scariest time waiting for the ultrasound to see for yourself there really is a little baby in there. I also suggest you let your doctor know about your worries. They may have some suggestions or may even adjust their practice to make you feel more comfortable. Warm positive thoughts sent your way! Keep us posted!
LK44

Re: Anxiety worries.. Reassurance needed!

Postby erin860 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:54 pm

Hi, I just wanted to say that how you are feeling is totally normal, your anxiety, twinges, constipation...all normal. Personally I just delivered my baby girl three weeks ago but i was a nervous wreck for the first several weeks. Iike the pp said, I was constantly running to the bathroom checking for bleeding and just driving myself nuts. For me the further along I got, the less anxious I felt. I also prayed a lot. I prayed for a healthy baby/pregnancy but I also prayed for personal peace. Hopefully seeing a heartbeat at your 7 week appointment will provide you with some comfort too.

I also bought a home Doppler so I could listen to the baby's heartbeat from time to time. I have read a lot of posts were people said they are not good because if you can't find the heartbeat you'll get upset or they give you false reassurance when something is wrong but I loved having mine. I used it every couple days from about 12 weeks until I started to feel the baby move daily around 20 weeks. Once I felt the baby move I put the Doppler away and used kick counting as my reassurance. But for those two months hearing the heartbeat helped me stay calm.

I hope your anxiety settles down and you are able to enjoy your pregnancy. Take care:)
erin860

Return to First Trimester